Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > RO2/RS Beta Testing > RO2/RS Beta Testing > Feedback

Feedback This is not Ideas & Suggestions ;p

Old 03-25-2012, 08:26 PM

Default Classic: My two cents.

Overall I like this mode much better. It gets a lot closer to chat I was hoping ROHoS would have been upon release.

The single best thing about it is getting rid of zoom. I still have no problem making fairly long range shots, and the benefits as far as slowing the game down JUST enough are worth it by a long shot. It makes it a little bit easier to advance into the caps, especially on a bigger map like Mamayev. Great move.

The sway penalty for zero stamina is quite pronounced. This too slows the game down, fair enough. It's sort of tough to line things up after a mad dash to the cap, but that's part of it. I could maybe see dropping the sway back down just a TEENY bit, if at all.

These two things right here are doing wonders for game play, at least for me.

The other thing I like a lot, which is also a big help, is dropping the peripheral indicators and the introduction of the new 'enemy spotted' system. I never liked the peripheral indicators AT ALL. Good riddance. One of those 'good idea on paper' sort of things....but the actual implementation really didn't go well IMO.

The thing that I believe needs the most work to really polish off Classic mode is the damage system. Right now it is difficult to tell if you have been hit, or what the hit penalty is. Like in the old game, if you got hit in the leg, you could see it on the avatar indicator at the bottom of the screen. But then it was like, after a while of being hit in the leg, you felt like you had your whole sprint stamina back. I definitely DON'T want to go back to that...but at the same time at least you could sort of easily tell (a) that you had been hit and (b) where exactly. I was playing last night and there were times when I couldn't tell if I had been hit or I was just fully suppressed or both.

Along the lines of in the old game, being that if you got hit in the leg, and after a while it felt like you had your full sprint stamina back: I could live with bandaging being back in classic mode IF it was done differently. The sole gripe for me with bandaging is this: it should TAKE LONGER. You should have to limp along into cover or even try to do it out in the open...but it should take like 7-10 seconds rather than 2 or 3. And then, you only get one per spawn. I could live with that in classic mode.

Overall, I think the game was always good-but-not-great. I sincerely appreciate the work and changes you guys are doing, it's making me stick around truthfully. Classic mode is really starting to shine, and I'm confident that once it's released....there's going to be a good solid server or two full of old timers and new-comers alike.

Thanks.
Private Who
[TK] Thriller Knights.
Old 03-26-2012, 12:31 PM

Tbh it's better that bandaging's gone, and as for you not knowing where you get hit, press T and it brings up the hitbox indicator in the lower left, with traffic light colours to tell you how severly you've been shot and where. It's a nice system.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:13 PM

I wish people would've give the Beta Realism mode more of a go, if any at all, they'd know about the changes to it and might even like them...

Stamina in the Beta Realism mode has much more of an effect than in the Vanilla RO2, maybe not to the extremes of RO Classic, but still enough to throw long shots off after a mad dash to the front. The bandaging is now eight seconds of pant wetting suspense, giving more effect to getting hit, as well as the leg wound effects of slow limping for your life.
Old 03-26-2012, 01:32 PM

Ahhh...the T button, learn something new everyday right? Thanks.

And 8 seconds of bandaging...that's about right and seems like it should have been that way all along.

Yea if I had my rathers I'd leave out bandaging from classic...but if they HAD to put it in...I could live with it at 8-10 seconds.