• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

can we have a bot filter please

One of the reasons why its showing up as 1000+ players is because they are counting bots to mask the population making it seem like the game is alive and well. Another reason is that it will probably not get removed because some players grind that way. Dont worry it shows whos grinded properly and who didnt.

Ofcourse my reasons could be wrong as I consider myself a Wizard who enjoys a nice spellcast.

Upvote 0
I don't want the server browser to filter away all servers with bots. I still rather play on a server with 17 humans and 1 bot than a server with 2 humans.

The browser should imho say 26+6 / 32 as in 26 humans and 6 bots, and be sorted by human player numbers. Sort the ones with most bots on when there are equally many humans. Everyone get's what they want this way (except those that want bots totally gone).

Upvote 0
Yeah, then everyone can keep doing what they always do anyway, play on one server. :rolleyes:

Hey Mr. Rolleyes - there's no actual proof or substance to that claim ;) << wink smiley, have some of that!

Seriously, how stupid do you think people are? You seem to be suggesting that everyone currently checks the player count of a server, doesn't even look at the list of players on the server, then after connecting thinks "oh it's all bots, well I'm stuck here now! Checking for servers with more human players is for losers!". Not only that, but you're also suggesting they completely forget that experience the next time they're looking for a server, and rinse and repeat without engaging the grey matter.

Methinks your thoery has a hole in it - a giant one :)

Upvote 0
Jesus, it really counts bots !
Often I have troubles with finding a good server in the afternoon here in mid-east Europe.
Bot filter should have high priority, it is completely **** to play multi with bots.

Well we should start with something else. There is some phenomenon that is strictly used by server admins. Many of them sets the number of bots for even a few dozen, the result is that the admin has a server on top of your browser and he is very happy.
The other admins see such a situation, have no choice, they need to set some number of bots, that their server was perceived by the players. The result is that we have "a lot" almost full servers, but none of them really have human players, or several players + herd of bots. It is a strange way to do artificial crowd, which we know does not exist.
Soon there will be voices that no one wants to fill up servers alone. Personally, I prefer a situation where each server will gradually be filling up by players, than this when we have 20 servers that are with 5 players + bots herd.
There is another minus, many good server admins who do not practice these methods of filling, struggling to fill up their server, which is not easy when their server is somewhere in the middle of the browser.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I just want to say something in defence of bots. I have played all the WW2 shooters from Medal of honor on the PS1 through to COD W@W. I have recently started playing RO2 and have to say that the game itself has such a steep learning curve and the skills of some of the players that I have come across are in a different league to CODsters. I have played on the TOGA server against all human players and consider myself lucky if I can make more that a couple of kills in a complete match.:eek:

Of course when I play on servers with a mix of bots and humans my score improves dramatically, yes the bots are easy kills but it's always nice to get the odd human kill too. Now I am sure that if I (and I am sure many other noobs to RO2 would agree) had to play too many games consisting of severe *** kickings for the measly return of a handful of kills, then I (and they) would probably walk away from the game never to return.

Although I agree that being able to rank up on bot kills is definitely not an ideal situation it may actually be an end to a means if it helps to keep new players such as myself in the community. Please don't get me wrong because I don't want to appear to denigrate those who earn their honor the hard way, but when I get home from work I just want to jump into a server and have an enjoyable gaming experience and not a session of frustration followed by a ragequit. :)

Upvote 0
Jesus, it really counts bots !
Often I have troubles with finding a good server in the afternoon here in mid-east Europe.
Bot filter should have high priority, it is completely **** to play multi with bots.

Well we should start with something else. There is some phenomenon that is strictly used by server admins. Many of them sets the number of bots for even a few dozen, the result is that the admin has a server on top of your browser and he is very happy.
The other admins see such a situation, have no choice, they need to set some number of bots, that their server was perceived by the players. The result is that we have "a lot" almost full servers, but none of them really have human players, or several players + herd of bots. It is a strange way to do artificial crowd, which we know does not exist.
Soon there will be voices that no one wants to fill up servers alone. Personally, I prefer a situation where each server will gradually be filling up by players, than this when we have 20 servers that are with 5 players + bots herd.
There is another minus, many good server admins who do not practice these methods of filling, struggling to fill up their server, which is not easy when their server is somewhere in the middle of the browser.

what?
the in-game browser doesn't list by player count. it lists starting with the lowest ping.

Upvote 0
If you click on the ruler of the player count column, then the server browser content will be sorted on player count
thanks, i thought that might be the case. the the fix for these guys is fairly simple. set it for ping and find a sever with humans. cause it sure doesn't seem like steam gives a rats a** about giving us the bot filter.:(

Reactions: Sojuz and Sah.
Upvote 0