• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New capzone / incentive for Station map

When HOS was first released, I felt the Station map was going to be one of the best maps to play (certainly for public play) but it's not really turned out like (my view, but it is not played a lot on public as well).

My view is after the battle takes place inside the buidlings (I forget if it's 1 or 2 caps to get this far) the map descendts into essentially a Deathmatch mode. The rooms are too tight, and very small corridors. Pretty much both teams are using these channels and, for me, it's not really the style of map RO was made for.

I think if the map could channel players away from this (or at least a % of them, it would mean the SMG guys can do their thing in the building and leave the remaining players outside). I appreciate the Axis can move up the right flank, but the main action is of course inside.

My suggestion (finally) is to create a capzone outside on the far left (Axis perspective) that would offer a decent advantage (one being a mandatory cap, and secondary a better spawn). This would hopefully channel more players on the outside of the map.

Reactions: u-s-e-r and Tummel
I understand what you say, Station for axis is a hard map. But even as axis I like it. It spawns to relatively open areas (on the right) to harsh close combat in the left building. After all the map is called station so it should focus on the station.

Only thing I'd modify, is creating another undergroud access for axis, in a relatively secure area. If the russian team is aggressive and camp in front of the station with support from above and manage to hold the flank of the building (left from russian prospective) it's very very hard for axis to even get inside. Only a good smoke and a timed artillery could do the trick, which, on open server, isn't exactly that easy to obtain :(

Placing a capping zone on the left side of the station (B) it's a complete open area, russian can easily kill everybody from F and top of D. Or did I miss something?

Upvote 0