• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Why cant you undo weapon level unlocks?

Spearhead_

Dec 15, 2011
Its just stupid and discourages levelling up with weapons. I often use marksman and now have 6x kar, 6x svd, default mosin and default g41. This means when I am playing german on any maps with less than 150m ranges I cant use marksman cause zoom is too much or i get a crappy g41 with stupid miniscope that is like looking through a keyhole. How hard is it just to make unlocks reversible, seriously tripwire????

Reactions: Tea and Crumpets
The unlock system isn't exactly a rational thing. It's more like someone's money-grubbing profiteer instinct kicked in and said "GAMES WITH UNLOCK SYSTEMS ARE BEING PAID FOR A LOT. LET'S HAVE AN UNLOCK SYSTEM."

No part of it is actually made to be good for the players.
I much prefer having to fight to get the good stuff so it feels good
to use it. Otherwise it's not much of an accomplishment. It's like mountain climbing.

It would however be a lot better if you had choice between which unlocks you want active and I think they're working on that.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mountain climbing isn't about making as many steps as possible, it's about learning to make the right steps so as to reach higher and higher tops without succumbing to exhaustion or suffering humiliating/fatal accidents.

The gaming equivalent to mountain climbing is getting good at a game, and playing it well - not playing it so much you get synthetic advantages over other players.

Upvote 0
"Why cant you undo weapon level unlocks?"

One of natures big questions, just like "Why does shooting a limb make it invincible to further damage", or "Why was this game marketed with a technoninja from hell as a cover image?"

Stuff like this really makes you wonder if there is a creator of if everything just exists on account of a freak coincidence.

Reactions: RoastinGhost
Upvote 0