• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/
I understand that the creation of one single tank and all its mechanics takes about a month for tripwire to create, but would different classes of tanks be interesting?

All that is offered in HoS are medium tanks (and I'm sure tw is working on something atm). The option of choosing from light, medium and heavy tanks would be interesting.

Light tanks wold be able to move about the battlefield quickly and can fire quickly and be very effective against infantry (just as the medium tanks in HoS were intended to be used against). The ammo loadout could be the same between all tanks; AP, HE, and smoke.

Medium tanks could remain as they are (let's not talk about these as much).

Heavy tanks would move extremely slowly (10-15 km/h max) and would be extremely effective against armor.

The mechanics of every tank will operate accurately to how they acted in reality (the turrets of the light tanks rotate faster than medium tanks, etc.).

With the addition of new tanks, servers will still be given the opportunity to limit teams to a certain number of tanks per team, and would be able to limit use to specific tanks (light tanks only, light and medium, etc.).

Heavy tanks would move extremely slowly (10-15 km/h max) and would be extremely effective against armor
This does not make any sense. For example, the Tiger I has similar horsepower to weight ratio as the long 75mm Panzer IV. About 12 hp/ton. Therefor both had similar range of speed despite one being heavy and the other being a medium. Real life top road speed for both these tanks was in the area of around forty kilometers per hour.

...how they acted in reality (the turrets of the light tanks rotate faster than medium tanks, etc.)
This, as well, does not make any sense. Most light tanks had hand operated hand cranked turrets as opposed to medium or heavy tanks which had electric or hydraulic powered turrets.

Edit: Found the tank turret traverse data for the heaviest tank I could find. Look here:

turrettigerii1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Lots of interesting info

Yep, pretty much. Maybe OP was thinking of early war heavies like KV1 or KV2 in terms of speed/agility? Of the top of my head they were pretty damn slow. Esp the uparmoured ones.

Edit, though i think the road speed was also acceptable. I doubt acceleration and traverse, though.

Last edited:
Upvote 0