• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Initial adrenal rush suggestion

FBX

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 17, 2006
so I got this idea that would do two things:

1. it would help create the "fear of death"
2. it would help make suppression more effective

First off, let me repost my suggestion that I made in the "suppression" topic:

What if suppressive fire randomized your sensitivity with every passing bullet. Something like up to 25%+- (would have to experiment to find the right value)

It would of course, wear off.
This would be tied to your suppression bar.

Well what if (on top of this, because I really like my first idea) there was also an initial adrenal rush or panic attack the first time you become fully suppressed. So the effects of suppression are significantly prolonged, for like 15 seconds, even if your not shot at. I think this could result in randomized sensitivity (to a certain degree) every second until it wears off. The suppression bar would stay stuck at fully suppressed until the panic attack/adrenal rush wears off.

This would only happen once per life. So if you die, the player is prone to this problem again. This encourages players to stay alive.

If the randomized sensitivity is implemented, note that you shouldn't be changing the user's actual settings because they will stay that way if the user quits.

If this is possible with a mutator I'd love to see it.