• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Black bars and lag at fullscreen in Windows 7

ValcainHD

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jan 8, 2012
Alright, I recently got Windows 7 on my laptop, upgraded from Vista, and I have Killing Floor on an external hard drive, so all its settings are the same as before, however, now when I try to play this game fullscreened, I get black bars on the top and bottom which I've never gotten before and my computer has also been lagging more.

I've installed the most up-to-date drivers for my graphics card like I had before the upgrade to Windows 7, and I adjusted my NVIDIA graphics option to the same, that I can remember as I don't think anything else was any different.

I was able to play on high at a decent 30-40 fps at a fullscreen resolution of 12XX x 720, but now, when I play on that resolution, I get black boxes and my games been lagging more, even when I tuned it down to medium settings I was still getting lag.

Is there something about windows 7 that's doing this? Or maybe something I'm forgetting that maybe I didn't change to like I had when my system was vista, or what?

maybe re-install kf? all your progress is stored at steam so that's no prob.
and do you have kf installed on a external drive? usb 2.0drive? then maybe win7 is having a problem with that or it just can't read the files that fast.

vista and win7 is not even close to the same, but if you have the latest drivers and you have re-installed killing floor then it should work for you.. and if not try to install the in the internal drive and not a usb drive and see if that helps.

I'm no expert but that's just what i think:p

Upvote 0