• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help - Error Joining Servers?

I'm really sorry if this topic has been posted and resolved elsewhere, but I really cannot find a solution for the life of me. I've tried filtering the servers...etc. I couldn't really find the words to explain it, so I just made a video showing you what was happening.

[url]http://youtu.be/VGRXZ1X9d1I[/URL]

Again, if this has been answered elsewhere, feel free to tell me /pm me the link so I can fix it. Thanks guys/gals! <3 :cool:

well, good thing i'm at a hi-speed access point, otherwise i wouldve never been able to see that youtube video on my dialup at home.
next time just fcking describe it, instead of showing off your expensive internet.

look in killingfloor/system folder.
if there is steamappid.txt, delete it.
then try to connect.
I wasn't trying to show anything off, it was just hard to explain, so I recorded it. ._. Where would the system folder be found? It's not in the x86 Program Files, or the x64, I checked in the Steam folder itself, and roaming. Where is it?

Upvote 0
I appreciated the video. It is in your Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor folder.
Thank you for telling me, upon looking in into the folder I could not find any .txt file by that name! I tried re-downloading the game last night, and that did not help. This is the only game I've had these issues with, please, anymore ideas guys? I don't want this game to be wasted money. :( :confused:

Upvote 0
delete you'r system folder and what ever you think can make the problem.. check the files in steam.. if it do not work to check the files then just delete the all the files and then install the game again.

and don't uninstall the game at first, first delete the files, uninstall if needed then install it back.. that's what you have to love about steam, they keep the important **** at there place :)

Upvote 0
You would have to verify the game cache after deleting the system folder, but if you've deleted it and then reinstalled through Steam then that does the same thing. If the steamappid.txt file isn't there then that's good and how it should be, but it means that one possible solution is off the table.

One possible thing it could be is a bad download, so you could try changing your download server to one in a different country (in Steam -> Settings -> Download and Cloud) and then deleting the system folder and verifying the game game (right-click the game in Steam -> Properties -> Local Files -> Verify Integrity of Game Cache).

There are probably quite a few other threads with different resolutions, I've not seen the issue happen myself so not sure what else to try.

Upvote 0