• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Game] Path of Exile (Diablo 2 style, f2p)

Been in the beta for a while now, but for some reason the game didn't really catch my interest as much as I thought it would.

I don't even know why. I liked D2 and played a lot of it and this game seemed like a better successor to D2 than what D3 was becoming. I really expected to enjoy this game a lot.

But don't get me wrong, it's a solid game with quite a few interesting and innovative ideas (how the skill gems for example).

Upvote 0
Just played 6 hours straight and finished Act 2 Normal in one sitting. The game becomes more fun once you get more skill gems and start combining them to get different results.

I'm playing an archer at the moment and have all my hotkeys filled with skills that I more or less regularly use. Throughout Act 1 I pretty much just spammed 1 or 2 skills.

Also, the more you play the more personality you can add to your class via the massive passive skill tree, so that adds to the enjoyment factor as well.

Anyway, I'm glad I finally committed and got past Act1. :p

I disliked Diablo but enjoyed Bastion (at least demo, waiting for a sale to buy it) which is also action-rpg so dunno maybe I would like this.
If you disliked Diablo, then you'll most likely dislike this as well. It's much closer to Diablo than to Bastion. Also, if at all possible I recommend playing with a few friends, makes it more fun.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Mine seemed to have come the day after I finished act 2, which was exactly one week after getting my initial key... might be coincidence and I just got it randomly though?

Some players get a key day after joining, so I really believe it's random. Me and friend of mine finished act 2 (playground 1) about 5 days ago and still no extra beta key. Because of that we stopped playing and currently waiting for friends to get in and play together.

Regarding graphic quality: I'm really impressed by animation quality and special effects. I haven't played Diablo III yet, but so far PoE looks better.

Upvote 0