• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Loss of connection in RO2HOS MP

## MiKeY ##

FNG / Fresh Meat
Dec 23, 2011
Hello everyone,

1st off: I don't have problems with the serverlist. I can click the desired server and go to it but then 9 out of 10 times when I want to enter the battlefield (sometimes I get stuck when choosing sides...)I loose connection.
I have opened the ports for "Steam Games" in my modem/router( Red Orchestra itself cannot be portforwarded);my Internetconnection is good.
I really want to play this game since I used to play RO-Ostfront all the time and the good experiences I had with that.
With all of my other games no connectionproblems whatsover (BFBC2*the whole COD franchise upto MW2*Medalof Honor TierOne*Day of Defeat*RO Osfront '41-'45 ).I'm really lost for words and very disappointed to say the least.
I already had one or two lost evenings trying to fix the "blank settings screen"-issue. Now I finally got that right then this comes along.I'm not here to whine or flame but I'm this close to asking Steam for a refund.
This is not the Tripwire rush I'm used to.
Can anyone help me please?

With kind regards,

Michiel

It works!!!!!!!!!!!

It works!!!!!!!!!!!

Very sorry for the late reply dear Mr. The Beast :p
I am overjoyed!! I can't really tell what did the trick but I just executed all of the above tips/hints you gave me.
Except for the driverupdates because those are up-to-date;I know.And behold:RO2 suddenly springs into action.
I can even play everything on ultra settings on my 6 year old rig;):

Operating System
MS Windows XP Home 32-bit SP3
CPU
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+
Windsor 90nm Technology
RAM
4,00 GB Dual-Channel DDR2 @ 368MHz (5-5-5-18)
Motherboard
ASUSTeK Computer INC. M2N-SLI DELUXE (Socket AM2 )
Graphics
BenQ FP91G+ (1280x1024@75Hz)
512MB GeForce 9600 GT (Undefined)
Hard Drives
313GB Maxtor Maxtor 6V320F0 (ATA)
Optical Drives
NEC DVD_RW ND-4571A
Audio
Creative X-Fi Audio Processor (WDM)

To make a long story short: thanks a million dude!!!!!

Greetings from Michiel
The Netherlands:D

Upvote 0