• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

uberMaverick

FNG / Fresh Meat
May 14, 2006
I purchased RO several months ago when it was a pre-release. I've never been able to play the game because it doesn't load. I'm pretty sure it's because of one of the issues we are not allowed to talk about = Norton Systemworks.

Maybe some day you'll man up and refund money to those who cannot play your game because of one of the "we're working on it" problems.

uberMaverick

uberMaverick said:
oh really - from the thread you are referring to:

3) If you cannot start the game due to a conflict with Norton System Works you don't need to reply to this thread. We are aware of this issue and are working with Valve on a fix.

Which only stated that this very thread was about another topic, and that the norton issue is already known, and in the works... Some people :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
uberMaverick said:
I purchased RO several months ago when it was a pre-release. I've never been able to play the game because it doesn't load. I'm pretty sure it's because of one of the issues we are not allowed to talk about = Norton Systemworks.

Maybe some day you'll man up and refund money to those who cannot play your game because of one of the "we're working on it" problems.

uberMaverick

Well your not getting your money back so nice try. RO seems to work fine for me. Besides norton sucks.

Upvote 0
Sorry, I ment this thread Known Problems/Issues + fixes

http://redorchestragame.com/forum/showthread.php?t=7282

Error: PreCondition Assertion Failed
---------------------------
Name: ValidPositiveOffset
Program: C:\Program Files\Valve\Steam\Steam.exe
File: Src\SplitPath.cpp
Line: 310
( !(nCharsToMove >= 0) || (m_uLocalPathOffset+static_cast<uint>(nCharsToMove ) <= m_sPath.length()) )
(Press Retry to debug the application - JIT debugging must be enabled)

This problem is caused by Norton System works.
Fix:
1. Load the ZoneAlarm fix listed above (-clientbeta fs), and delete your RedOrchestra folder from the steam folder.

Upvote 0
As Yoshiro said, the fix for the Zone Alarm problem seems to also fix the problems with Norton Systemworks. You're allowed to rant all you want about your game not working, just not in that particular thread as we are trying to track down other problems that we or Valve don't know why they are occuring. And to the rest of you, please be civil and don't hammer poeple that are frustrated thier game doesn't work, even if they do need to take a little additional effort to read the threads that solve thier problems :)

Upvote 0