• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 in real danger with all next future patches?

Razvanss

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 5, 2011
game looks fun i hope i get into the testing.

but there is no way i will preorder it, not after the sheer disappointment i felt after preordering RO2. Never again!

I'm still trying to figure out why the f*** i bought this game on release if i wont be able to play a decent tactical shooter for another few months until the mods come out. I should have saved my money and just bought it next summer.

why? WHY!? Why was i so stupid!

I never preorder, but i made an exception once and got burned...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
From what I understand (and see in the videos) realism is not a feature. Therefore if you don't like RO2 you probably won't like this game.

If it is moddable there might be some potential, otherwise it looks like another generic WWII shooter with a RTS element thrown in.
It's not the same thing. RO2 was supposed to be realistic, but we faced some arcade stuff with unlocks and all. We know what to expect with Heroes and Generals and the arcade side of it looks ok. Also the tanks look way cooler than the only 2 aviable of RO2 :rolleyes:

Also the RTS side of it will be cool and look simple, not like WW2 Online...

Upvote 0
This is portion I took from an email sent to me by one of the developers. So no, this isn't going to kill RO2 or provide a more realistic, impressive experience.

Our goal is not to create a simulation game. We wish to create a somewhat arcadey shooter with realistic elements such as a realistic ballistics system, a fairly realistic vehicle handling system, etc. We won't go all out CoD, and we won't go all out WWII Online. I guess that we're somewhere in between. But what we do have is the Strategic Resource Management game on top of the shooter.
Basically these guys are taking the same game design choice as OFP D R/RR and RO2. We all know how making a game for COD and sim/realism gamers turns out - a game that neither group likes.

Last edited:
Reactions: fiftyone and Cyper
Upvote 0
This is portion I took from an email sent to me by one of the developers. So no, this isn't going to kill RO2 or provide a more realistic, impressive experience.

Basically these guys are taking the same game design choice as OFP D R/RR and RO2. We all know how making a game for COD and sim/realism gamers turns out - a game that neither group likes.
World of Tanks for realistic features and non-realitic ones and it's played alot. About 1 million + in Russia.

Upvote 0
From what I understand (and see in the videos) realism is not a feature. Therefore if you don't like RO2 you probably won't like this game.

If it is moddable there might be some potential, otherwise it looks like another generic WWII shooter with a RTS element thrown in.

This. I already wish more realistic features were in RO2, so why would I want to back track to something even less?

Upvote 0
Heroes & Generals, ironfront liberation 1944, ARMA 3.. the future looks bright (for once lol) in the tactical shooter genre! :D

Well, it depends. RO OST wasn't really that realistic either compared to arma for instance, but the game catered it's own audience. Then, it was not like dr/rr either. But if they're going to try to appeal to both the mainstream and the tactical players they will most likely fail. Big time. Whatsoever, both ironfront and this game will probably compete with RO2.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Heroes & Generals, ironfront liberation 1944, ARMA 3.. the future looks bright (for once lol) in the tactical shooter genre! :D
Wouldn't put ArmA/Iron Front under tactical shooter genre, those games are simulations imo. Tactical shooters for me = Swat, Raven Shield, Ghost Recons(yes, GRAW/2 too), RO

*edit* just watched the alphalogs - wow this is actually looking great! Could be exactly my type of game, kind a like a modern BF1942 or BF3/RnL hybrid. Only thing that's still looking weird is the weapons taking too much of the screen, it looks like your point of view would be from the soldiers chest.

Last edited:
Reactions: Razvanss
Upvote 0
Wouldn't put ArmA/Iron Front under tactical shooter genre, those games are simulations imo. Tactical shooters for me = Swat, Raven Shield, Ghost Recons(yes, GRAW/2 too), RO

*edit* just watched the alphalogs - wow this is actually looking great! Could be exactly my type of game, kind a like a modern BF1942 or BF3/RnL hybrid. Only thing that's still looking weird is the weapons taking too much of the screen, it looks like your point of view would be from the soldiers chest.

Yeah, that's true, but what I meant is that I believe that if the arma community has to choose between those games and RO2.. I think RO2 will be left behind unless it's improved in terms of realism. Because I think most people bought ro2 because they expected it to feel and play like ro ost.

EDIT:

JESPER KYD! It's the dude who have done the soundtrack to all hitman games and the one who were replaced in hitman 3. Since I wont buy hitman 3 due to no jesper, and no bateson, I will probably save my money for this game.

Heroes & Generals Jesper Kyd Soundtrack Teaser - YouTube

Last edited:
Upvote 0