• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Specimen Idea :: Grunt

New Specimen Idea :: Grunt

• Yeah, seems like a reasonable idea...

Votes: 11 84.6%
  • Nah, Killing Floor has enough specimens already!

Votes: 2 15.4%

• Total voters

Sinpas

FNG / Fresh Meat
Nov 30, 2011
Hello everyone, im Sinpas and i got gifted this game during the circus event and fell in love with it since. I must say depsite it's metascore it's a great game and totally worth buying... anyway enough with that.

Tired of those public games dominated by Berserkers and those camper games in tight spots?

I am aware of this idea being suggested a few times but not too much in depth and detail. As an average pub player im aware of the amount of Berserker teams and players which thrive success like "shooting fish in barrel" ha... no :eek:. Anyway i believe this specimen will be a unique addition to Killing Floor as well as increase teamplay...

The Grunt
A suicide type specimen in pain every second of it's life, in an urgency to end it's own life with the first victim it can find. This specimen should have a rage mechanic similar to the Scrake and explode nearby if not dealt with quick enough.

Additional information:
  • Appearance: No arms, visor eyes, special type of explosive liquid (tank) behind it's back, similar to Fleshpound colours.
  • Health: Around Siren-Husk health.
  • Height: Quite short, around Stalker-Clot height.
  • Attack: Explosive damage (similar to pipebomb) radius increased in higher difficulties.
  • Ability: Rage towards players after a certain amount of damage.
  • Best perk to use: Demo/Sharp/Commando/Firebug (long range).
  • Worst perk to use: Zerk/Support (close range).
  • Wave to spawn: 5+
Make it flammable to give the Firebug a better role?

Thank you for your time, further suggestions will be appreciated...

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Hmm, give the Brute ago, it's white listed and it's knock back attack and rage mechanics can sow utter chaos. While not everyone is a fan, I most certainly am. XD

The upside of the Brute is he's a zed that the firebugs are best at taking down. I think that is what makes him a bit special, it's hard to head shot him because he covers his head, the knock back makes it hard to get in close. But IIRC he is weak to fire. http://www.mostimpressive.nl/TheBrute/

Oh and don't forget our good friend the shiver which if he's not going for the zerker the zerker can have a hell of a time to catch up with. http://www.mostimpressive.nl/TheShiver/ (Can't remember if he got whitelisted.)

Last edited:
Reactions: Benjamin
Upvote 0
You know what's creepy? i posted the EXACT SAME specimen idea a few months back in the steam forum. I even have a concept drawing.:confused:

I couln't find the thread but it was something like this:

Zealot:
----------------------------------------------------------------
Appearance: Looks like a red, hunchbacked clot (or a smaller gorefast) carrying an oildrum on his back. His arms are tied behind his back to the drum and the drum itself is tied to the specimen's body via belts, chains and barb wire. In his face and mouth there's an intricate trigger mechanism. He triggers the explosive by biting down on it.

Plays: Has low HP (gorefast) and shambles about at unimpressive speed. After a certain time drawing line of sight to a player, it will let out a very high-pitch, easily distinguishable sound and charge forward. When in range to a player, it will detonate with grenade damage/radius. The charge never stops, so you will have to kill him as soon as you can.

Other facts:
-Like the bloat, the zealot will explode upon death, making it impractical to kill at close range via body shot.
-DECAPITATION however will kill the zealot outright without detonating him, giving players too close for comfort a chance to get away scar-free.
-Fire attacks have a 2x damage multiplier against the zealot.

I think the only difference is the head shot behavior.

Spooky right?

Upvote 0