• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

VAC ban or not ?

LOL yeah.

Is he asking wether he can rewrite some code for KF to make his own update? What is he going to do with that exactly?

Can I place - The v1030 (moded update) on to v1031 (org update.) or not?

I do not want to update from Steam. I want to write edited updates

VAC ban or not ? pleas tripwire answer. I hope Got what I wanted to say, because I use google

Last edited:
Upvote 0

VAC ban or not ? pleas tripwire answer. I hope Got what I wanted to say, because I use google

ok here's the answer, hopefully your google translator won't fail you: YES YOU WILL GET BANNED. VAC WILL DETECT IT.

Upvote 0

Why don't you do what others do and make a custom mod (like a mutator) that can be usable for a server? Make the changes you want and people download it and play like normal. Nothing breaks and no problems.

Sorry if I still don't understand as I must admit it's really hard to know what you want to do.

Upvote 0
no no . i don't . just i wanna play on server . i don't trying modify . im just a player

No, you won't get VAC banned because you won't be able to connect to any server. For Unreal Engine games, unless your version is the same as the server, it will always result in a version mismatch and prevent a connection.

Reactions: jd641 and slavek
Upvote 0
Oke i think he's not actually talking about modding the file itself.

i think he's talking about the special update (the one that enabled the use of mutators again), if he uses that will it get him banned or not.

the answer to that is no everything is kewl if you install that.

as for actually going into the file itself and messing around with it, no better not do that, thats a sure fire way to get yourself banned.

Upvote 0
Oke i think he's not actually talking about modding the file itself.

i think he's talking about the special update (the one that enabled the use of mutators again), if he uses that will it get him banned or not.

the answer to that is no everything is kewl if you install that.

as for actually going into the file itself and messing around with it, no better not do that, thats a sure fire way to get yourself banned.

Lol, why would an official update get you VAC banned? surely there not thinking that o_O

thats like saying, if i ever update windows, will my license be removed?

Upvote 0
Lol, why would an official update get you VAC banned? surely there not thinking that o_O

thats like saying, if i ever update windows, will my license be removed?
Think of it from his point of view, using a different file version to what he should have can sometimes cause problems with the security of some games. This has been known before due to them versions normally of been tampered with so it could of created a ban. I can see why he thought it might of got a ban for it to be honest ;)

Upvote 0