• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Steam Invetory - trading games?

Flogger23m

Grizzled Veteran
May 5, 2009
I was recently gifted a game in Steam. When accepting the gift I learned about the Inventory feature. I put the game in my Inventory, and now I can gift my gift to someone else. I don't recall seeing this option in the past. I noticed that it has a "Tag" saying it is Tradable. I am assuming this means I can trade my game with someone else who has a game in their Steam Inventory. If so, that is a very nice feature! :) I was wondering if and when Steam was going to add such a feature. Perhaps Green Man Gaming's decision to do this pushed Valve into implementing this feature? Or maybe Steam did it before GMG, I don't honestly know.

If we actually can trade games, I have a copy of Call of Duty 4 Modern Warfare that I am willing to trade with someone. PM me if you have any tradeable Steam games.

Ya make sure you don't open it if you want to trade it.

I didn't. ;)

I have another question. Someone wants to gift me a copy of HL2 EP1. I'd like to keep this unopened in my inventory to gift out to a friend at a later date (I am not sure who yet). However I can't seem to put it in my inventory since I already own a copy of HL2 EP1. Is there any work around for this?

Upvote 0
Before they introduced that handy inventory option you could gift the games to an email address of yours, and never claim them there. That way you could "resend" the gift through steam at any time - and interestingly to a different email address!
Less fiddling now that it's official. I have an emergency KF sitting in my account.:) You never know when you need one. I just wish it wasn't the stupid cut German version...:(

Upvote 0