• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Constant Crashes

SpRaYBaKa

Dec 13, 2011
Hello TWI, I've been having crashes ever since the Christmas update. It's becoming bothersome that it always seems to happen whether I host a listen server mostly. Also happens when I join someone else's server, but it's more rare than hosting one.

Here's a crash log:
Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2660 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTS 250 (8562)

General protection fault!

History: SkeletalMeshGet <- USpriteEmitter::UpdateParticles <- AEmitter::Tick <- TickAllActors <- ULevel::Tick <- (NetMode=2) <- TickLevel <- UGameEngine::Tick <- Level KF-Manor <- UpdateWorld <- MainLoop <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Realloc <- 4C576C61 0 FArray <- FArray::Realloc <- 0*2 <- FMallocWindows::Free

Sorry if this is a re-post, I'm sure countless others are having similar crashing problems. But the error seems to be aiming towards one of the specimen's skeletal structure, or somewhat their models/particles. (Possibly when hosting a listen server, some ragdolls disappear/vanish when killed by headshots.)

So far I've tried deleting the System folder/Killingfloor.ini, and anything stickied in this section of the forums.

Last edited: