• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Level Design Clipping (?) glitch

Brewtzar

Nov 20, 2011
hello,
I've been playing KF for a while, and finally ran into the SDK. all's going great, except i occasionally run into this weird issue when i try to subtract or add a block (yes, i do not know many terms). what happens is that i add/subtract it, and many other walls in the general area disappear, or become invisible, and it shows the the giant area that you start out with. to get out of it i can simply undo, but attempting to place the block again will result have the same result. if i try to rebuild all, it will stay and clear the undo history. i have not found what causes it, but it will do this for all types of selection area (I.E. cube, stairs, cylinder etc). i cannot select the invisible wall, as to recolor it. when it happens once, it seems to start happening more often, although this might not be true. sometimes i can get around it by slightly changing the box's dimensions, although of late this has not been effective. if you can help me, that would be great, as i can't go 30 mins making a map without it happening! I'm at a standstill. thanks everyone!

the attached photos are before and after i added a block in my new map. they are from the exact same position.

Attachments

• kf sdk before.jpg
    kf sdk before.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 1
  • kf sdk after.jpg
    kf sdk after.jpg
    48.2 KB · Views: 0
You can use the de intersecting/intersecting tool 'trim off' extra brush that enters the subtracted/added area of another brush. You can find them right by the Add/Subtract buttons. Example: If you are going to subtract and have a part of your brush in an already hollowed out area, use the intersect tool, it will cut off the extra half of the brush and line it up flush to your other subtracted room.

Upvote 0
thanks everyone for the help!
unfortunately, I'm still running into the error. in this example (and in almost all occurrences) i have been adding a block into a subtraced area. i have made sure that the faces are touching eachother and not going though (the lines do not cross on the grids), and switching the order did not seem to help. when i hit the intersect button, my selection simply changed to the walls and floors (although it only selected the walls and floors with nothing covering them), and the deintersect button did the same thing, but also kept my selection along with all of the floors and wals (when added, i still ran into the same problem)
thanks for all of the help so far, and anymore that is provided!

P.S. tell me if there is any more data you wish to know about

Upvote 0