Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 01-12-2012, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazman76 View Post
The update fixes the crashes they could identify SO FAR. It doesn't fix the crashes they couldn't yet identify. Did you even supply a .dmp file yourself, or did you just expect the .dmp files of others to fix your own problems? Sorry for sounding cynical here, and I know that crashing is frustrating - but fixing crashes is a step-by-step process, made more difficult because only a small minority of players are experiencing these crashes. Each crash could be caused by entirely different parts of the code.
I supplied as many dump files of crashes since the patch that the upload quota allows me. As far as I understand quite a few players experience crashes. And yes it is frustrating to pay for something that is broken.
Old 01-12-2012, 02:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juv95hrn View Post
And yes it is frustrating to pay for something that is broken.
I know, and I do hope TWI can fix your crash before you give up completely. I had a similar problem with Warhammer Online - it worked fine in the closed beta and early access, then a patch after release started random CTD's. It seemed I was in the minority, although there were certainly plenty of people reporting the problem - but compared to the overall player base, we were few. It took them something like 4 months to actually address that problem, and by then I'd given up - after pre-ordering the game, and paying for 3 months play. Damn them...

Anyway, yeah - I hope you do try and stick with it, and keep submitting .dmp files as you go RO2 needs every player it has, and preferably more.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dazman76 View Post
I hope so too Remember - if the crash happens again, submit the new .dmp file too. Every shred you can give to TWI, will get them closer to identifying the cause of the problem.
Hm, i think that would be strange, to submit everytime i have played a dmp file, no?

It happens everytime, after 2 or 3 maps.
Old 01-12-2012, 03:30 PM

I would say definitely submit a few at least - I'm sure it doesn't take TWI too long to look through them, and the more they have the better I think
Old 01-12-2012, 03:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisprinzessin View Post
Hm, i think that would be strange, to submit everytime i have played a dmp file, no?

It happens everytime, after 2 or 3 maps.
why would it be strange? send them ALL to them. then send them again! if i were having problems with crashes, they'd be getting flooded with dmp files from me till the problem went away.

and to juv95hrn, i'd send all dmp files. not just ones since the last patch.
Old 01-12-2012, 04:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r5cya View Post
why would it be strange? send them ALL to them. then send them again! if i were having problems with crashes, they'd be getting flooded with dmp files from me till the problem went away.

and to juv95hrn, i'd send all dmp files. not just ones since the last patch.
Hm, i postet with my dmp attached, but my posting does not appear here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...96#post1004996
Old 01-12-2012, 07:18 PM

I along with the guys I play with recognized a noticeable increase in "smoothness". Good patch. Keep it going.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:40 PM

Before this patch I wasnt able to play 45 mins without a crash to desktop. After This patch Ive probably played atleast 8 totall hours and only had one freeze/crash. Definately an improvment. Even thought it was frustrating dealing with crashes and I went through a few periods of not playing for a few weeks/months, I just posted a ton of .dmp files here on the forums and hoped they looked into them

I'd like to believe they looked into my .dmp files & figured out what was causing my crashes and fixed it. Needless to say, Its nice to know I can freely choose when to play this game and when to stop playing this game and not be forced to quit because of crashes.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:00 PM

Im not imagining it but the dp 28 has become suddenly the deliverer of hot death it should have been along. Dont ask me how but I've played the Soviet MG alot and it was fairly ineffective until the patch. This is no placebo effect because it was the last thing I was expecting and wasnt mentioned in the patch notes but instantly my kills doubled.

well, the gun is great but the mantling seems worse than ever, getting really fed up with the fact that most of the time i get killed is tring to find a spot which will let me set up the MG

Last edited by hekuball; 01-12-2012 at 08:54 PM.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eisprinzessin View Post
Hm, i postet with my dmp attached, but my posting does not appear here:

http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...96#post1004996
post it again then. and keep on posting any new ones. you can't post too many if you want the game fixed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by THunter View Post
Before this patch I wasnt able to play 45 mins without a crash to desktop. After This patch Ive probably played atleast 8 totall hours and only had one freeze/crash. Definately an improvment. Even thought it was frustrating dealing with crashes and I went through a few periods of not playing for a few weeks/months, I just posted a ton of .dmp files here on the forums and hoped they looked into them

I'd like to believe they looked into my .dmp files & figured out what was causing my crashes and fixed it. Needless to say, Its nice to know I can freely choose when to play this game and when to stop playing this game and not be forced to quit because of crashes.
i'd like to think that as well. people that don't post them and post them often, but yet complain that their game doesn't work, irk me. like twi is the all seeing all knowing god. no mind readers there.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:07 PM

well thats nice and all, but when can I take off my bayonett?
Old 01-13-2012, 02:14 PM

You can only provide 5 mb of uploaded files. Each dump file is about 500 kb large so you can only upload about 10 dumpfiles at the time. Since the devs give no feedback that they have downloaded your files or remove them after doing it you actuallly don't know if they even have been considered.

It doesn't feel worhtwhile to upload files so the devs can fix their broken game, remove them and upload others when you don't even know for sure they have considered the first files. They should either increase the amount of files you can upload or remove the dumpfiles from players post that they have examined.

Funny thing. I installed the game on another computer and I can't play it on that computer either. So now I have two computers where this game is broken. Amazingly bad value for the money if you ask me and this is what I will tell people that ask me.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r5cya View Post
post it again then. and keep on posting any new ones. you can't post too many if you want the game fixed.

i'd like to think that as well. people that don't post them and post them often, but yet complain that their game doesn't work, irk me. like twi is the all seeing all knowing god. no mind readers there.
You can only post 10 dump files, then your quota is full. So yes you can post too many. If you try to post more the files won't show.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by juv95hrn View Post
You can only post 10 dump files, then your quota is full. So yes you can post too many. If you try to post more the files won't show.
only ten at one time. then do another post and give ten more. sorry if i tell you they can't fix your problems without them and you want to tell me you can't give them all to them. if i were having problems and truly wanted to get them fixed, i'd be a bit stubborn and make sure the got ALL of them. i'd also be doing it on a weekly basis! the squeeky wheel, is the one that gets the grease.
Old 01-13-2012, 02:56 PM

I hope the new SDK will mean new maps and that will recover a lot of players...

No pasarán!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 03:19 PM

Not until they fix the SDK as it also crashes in content broswer for loads of us

Ant chance of some info on what or how to fix this as it very frustrating spends 30 - 60 mins sorting sumit out to have SDk lock your pc up
and loose work - I thought this was the Finnished artical not a beta anymore ?
Old 01-13-2012, 03:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gyps View Post
Not until they fix the SDK as it also crashes in content broswer for loads of us

Ant chance of some info on what or how to fix this as it very frustrating spends 30 - 60 mins sorting sumit out to have SDk lock your pc up
and loose work - I thought this was the Finnished artical not a beta anymore ?
it's not the sdk. it's either your confuser or you have corupted files. optimize the computer then find out which/ if any files are corrupt.
Old 01-27-2012, 11:32 AM

Great stuff... But, why did you not take out the music for those who want NO MUSIC?! Ahhh!

I am feeling sad now... having to put up with those themes the whole time, it's so distracting... Oh well.

Just jesting... I'm content with with this update and the SDK release. Keep it coming, good stuff, and thanks.

Last edited by Tenka; 01-27-2012 at 11:35 AM.
Old 01-31-2012, 03:33 AM

Great news! I'd love to see someone making some RO:Ost Front 41-45 maps, such as Stalingradkessel, Odessa, Königsplatz.. it would be cool to rush reichstag for a long time

Also Tripwire, are you about to fix reloading issues? Or enable leaning while moving?

Also Russians didn't kept their helmet straps the way americans did so it just shouldn't be there. 8)

Last edited by PaskaAPINA; 01-31-2012 at 03:42 AM.