• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Score and kills with AT-rifles

Perun

Oct 20, 2011
Now we all know that destroying a tank withthe PTRS-41 is difficult, especially if you don't have the right shot angle on it and that AT rifles weren't used that much against infantry. Yet the kill required to level these weapons up are pretty high. So I have 3 sugsestions.
First. Since Axis forces use captured Soviet PTRS-41, that are just renamed PzB 784(r), kills should count for both weapons. So if you play as a Soviet AT soldier and get 6 kills with your PTRS-41 it should also count for the Axis PzB 784(r).
Second. If you kill AI crew members inside tanks with AT rifles, without destroying the tank, you should still get kill points for it. Also if you destroy a tank and all its crew you should get kill points for all killed crew members.
Third. The destroy vehicle bonus should be raised to at least 5. You get 5 points if you resupply a machine gunner, which is pretty easy, yet you get only 2 bonus points for destroying a tank.
Thoughts?

The point bonus for destroying tanks should be huge. It should be as high as capping, maybe more. Right now it's not commensurate to the huge threat that tanks are; tanks can destroy half your team. They can tie up an entire side of the map. The AI hullgunner is still ridiculously accurate. Infantry used to get medals for killing tanks.

AT gunners should also get one or two more clips for the PTRS.

Upvote 0
As i've mentioned in a lot of tank posts... You should get as many points for tank as number of people in that tank at the moment of you destroying it. Regardless whether its AI or human

All those kills also need to deducted from reinforcements of the team who just lost them.
There needs to be more points beyond that, though, to reflect the badassary of destroying a tank.

Reactions: Goten
Upvote 0
As i've mentioned in a lot of tank posts... You should get as many points for tank as number of people in that tank at the moment of you destroying it. Regardless whether its AI or human

wouldn't mind this for two reasons -

1. it lets me know at least something happened to the enemy tank when I shot it

2. It will go toward stopping people farming the enemy tank by eg shooting the main gun, then shooting the driver over and over again when they try to get away :mad:

Upvote 0
I always lol when I run for a mile, dodging bullets, killing a couple tangos, and crawling on my face just to get near a tank. Then I have to sprint and toss my satchel on the tank and book it for cover.

Only to get 3 points...

I could have earned a high ranking medal for my heroism by blowing up a tank in enemy territory by myself. and all I get is 3 measly points?

Upvote 0
I agree, it annoys me when people use the AT rifles to kill infantry - fundamentally not what they were for

I agree that you should get as much points as possibe (around 10? plus extra) for destroying a tank, because the AT gunner should only really be going for the tanks which arent as common as the infantry to which other classes have the opportunity to get more points off

Also same token with engineers. I've found that not many engineers actually use their satchels and AT grenades for their intended purpose. I've found that if for any reason the engineer class is taken (which mostly the slots are empty) its for the submachine gun weapon. I personally love the engineer class but from the thrill of running up to an enemy tank be it in the open or not and throwing my 'nades at it. My justification? Because I'm hoping that by destroying something my other normal teammates can't that I'll save some lives and my team can progress

Upvote 0
Now we all know that destroying a tank withthe PTRS-41 is difficult, especially if you don't have the right shot angle on it and that AT rifles weren't used that much against infantry. Yet the kill required to level these weapons up are pretty high. So I have 3 sugsestions.
First. Since Axis forces use captured Soviet PTRS-41, that are just renamed PzB 784(r), kills should count for both weapons. So if you play as a Soviet AT soldier and get 6 kills with your PTRS-41 it should also count for the Axis PzB 784(r).
Second. If you kill AI crew members inside tanks with AT rifles, without destroying the tank, you should still get kill points for it. Also if you destroy a tank and all its crew you should get kill points for all killed crew members.
Third. The destroy vehicle bonus should be raised to at least 5. You get 5 points if you resupply a machine gunner, which is pretty easy, yet you get only 2 bonus points for destroying a tank.
Thoughts?

I agree overall and made a thread about points for AT role a little while back. One of the problems is that AT riflemen are most effective when flanking, a tactic which can tend to find us out of the capzones for most of the round time, so we miss out on team point opportunities that regular infantry have no problem getting because it's their job to.

I guess your point about the two sides' rifles is that if you level up one you are essentially getting good with the other, too since it is the same weapon so dual leveling eliminates redundancy. That's an intriguing point.

I fully agree with your other two points

It was good of you to mention resupplying an MG as a point of comparison for team points, it shows how crazy it is that a tank is only worth two. Seeing how tanks can dominate a battlefield if left undamaged or undestroyed, I'd say a tank should be worth at least a lousy resupply, especially considering the relative infrequency of tank kill shots.

I'd like to add two more possible ideas.

*Another idea is that killing crewmen should earn team points because for example a tank without its hull MG is a lot less deadly to your team, and a tank without a driver is a sitting duck for your team's tanks and AT.

*Also we need assist points if we have killed any of the crew or damaged certain parts of the tank and that tank ultimately gets destroyed by a friendly, because almost any of those contribute to the vulnerability of that tank. Seems so frustrating to plunk away at that tank and see obvious damaging hits only to get no points at all when it finally blows up. Regular infantry get assists for nicking enemies that end up dying, why no assist points for AT on tank damage?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
It's good to see that people agree that something needs to change about the scroing and kill count with the AT-class. I really hope that TW takes this into consideration.
Also I forgot to metion in my post that enginers should also get more points for destroying tanks, since it's usually a near death run twoards the tank or crawling for minutes to reach and surprise it.
Now back to the AT-class. You usually have to flank the tank to destroy it and that takes open maps. The maps we have now make it very hard to do that. Pavlovs House is ok for AT-class and maybe Fallen Fighters, if enemy tankers don't just camp at the back of the map. Red October and Commissar are difficult since they're rush and you can't really flank enemy tanks unless the other team is pretty bad and they don't notice you. RO1 had some better maps for AT-rifles and I hope some maps simmilar to those are added later on.

Upvote 0
Thoughts?

*Another idea is that killing crewmen should earn team points because for example a tank without its hull MG is a lot less deadly to your team, and a tank without a driver is a sitting duck for your team's tanks and AT.

*Also we need assist points if we have killed any of the crew or damaged certain parts of the tank and that tank ultimately gets destroyed by a friendly, because almost any of those contribute to the vulnerability of that tank. Seems so frustrating to plunk away at that tank and see obvious damaging hits only to get no points at all when it finally blows up. Regular infantry get assists for nicking enemies that end up dying, why no assist points for AT on tank damage?

Totally agree !

Last edited:
Upvote 0