• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

What was your funniest close encounter?

Branden

Grizzled Veteran
Sep 1, 2011
Mine was in apartments. I was in the park as a Russian under the house. I ran in, went prone, and shot a couple shots with my Mosin Naugant killing a few Germans at 20 meters. However I turned around to a German who had been watching me the whole time. I went up to him, he look at me, and I stabbed him just as he stabbed me. He got me in the arm but I got him in the heart. It was rather hilarious.

Last edited:
Grain Elevator staircase, as Allies once Germans has captured the first 2 points. Rifle, SMG, Pistol, binoculars, you name it, smashin' and bashin' almost every life you have one of those moments where your heart starts racing, then skips a beat as you nearly soil yourself.

But funniest?

Probably throwing a grenade down said staircase run down kill 2 and half krauts with binoculars then getting blown up by my own grenade. As I slowly clang to life I bandaged myself. Thought I won, then forgot that Germans had MKbs...

P.S. When I said "blown up" Its really just that weird bug where you get thrown 10 feet by a grenade.

P.P.S Also on Grain Elevator I end up multiple time walking right behind Germans trying to "spawn camp" while firing from the staircase windows... most of the time they get to turn around... so I can put a bayonet in between their eyes instead of in their back.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
On Pavlovs house, playing German. I was on the topfloor in one of the buildings staring out a window, I notice someone entering the room behind me and I look towards the window beside mine and there stands a Russian who is looking out his window and totaly ignores me, I watch him for 3 seconds before I go and stab him in the face. I laughed a good while after that, funny situation.

Upvote 0
Mine was when I was playing CD on RedOctober. I was a Russian and I stormed the Forge CAP. Two Germans were running about 4 meters apart and stopped to take aim at me. I ran right between them and they shot each other! Then a third German quickly came in and I dispatched him with a burst from my PPSH, even though I was dieing of laughter at the time.

Upvote 0
Grain Elevator the other day. Playing as Axis, attacking the Conveyor Tower. I run like a madman through thick smoke, rush in the back door and stab 5-6 Russians, then run back to the door, and sit there.

Russian SL rushes in,... bayonet to the belly.
Russian rifleman rushes in,... bayonet to the belly.
Russian MG runs in,... bayonet to the belly.
Pair of Russian Riflemen rush in,... bayonet to the belly, bullet to the chest.

And so on.

It got sad after doing the same thing to the same guys a few times in a row.

Eventually I died when team mates rushed over and tossed grenades all over the place.

(And the cherry on top: The team caps the point while I'm respawning, after they all hung back while I cleared it.)

Upvote 0
I've somehow managed to be on both ends of the following scenario. I'll describe the one where I look better: :)

I need to reload and an enemy turns the corner with a bolt. He fires, hits, and I go into the "mortally wounded animation." He charges to finish me off and I bayonet him.

Upvote 0
Not really funny as much as sad:

In Barracks I was taking shots at a German in a trench, and missed each. He noticed me and started firing back so I jumped into another trench across the road. We each empty our rifles and he decides to get out and run across with his bayonet.

As he gets close I stab with my own, but it hits his boot and makes a sound as if it hit a wall, then he gets me right after that.

Upvote 0
Being the last Russian on Grain Elevator...pulling the pin on my frag and blowing a german to kingdom come.

I earned massive rep with my teammates for doing that.

For some reason, when reinforcements run out; I turn on beast mode. The regular crew I used to play Halo and L4D2 with called me "clutch"

If you want to learn from my awesomeness, PM me and we will set up a payment plan.

Upvote 0
There was this one time when there was me and this guy but I didnt know the guy that was there until I got to where I was when I encountered him and the guy didnt know I was there but I heard him reloading around the wall and so I ran past the doorway of the room he was in and I shot a lot of bullets and he shot a lot of bullets at me and then I thought I had hit him but I didnt and he hit me but I bandaged and then we did the same again and I shot a lot of bullets and he shot a lot of bullets at me and then I thought I had hit him but I didnt again but hit me and I started bleeding out and then I decided to shoot him more because I could still see him in the corner so I started shooting and then a teammate ran right in front of my gun and I killed him instead of the guy I was shooting at in the corner of the room where I had seen the guy who had shot me and had killed me by making me bleed out and then I said sorry to the teammate who ran in front but I told him he ran infront like a mong and he did not respond and then maybe half a minute later he said I shot him when I was bleeding out because there wasnt an enemy but there was an enemy and I called him a mong and that he played like a mong and he walked in front of my gun like a mong and he was most probably a mongish mong that monged along all day long and that he was stupid to assume that I killed him just because I was bleeding out and he probably didn't pay attention to my message apologizing but reasoning that he should have been careful when he saw me bleeding out to not run blindly into a dangerous situation without any sort of doubt and to then turn around and accuse me of playing like a fool when it was him himself who was playing like a tool so I called him a mong one final time and I was greatly amused to see he was teamkilled again by another like me who was busy engaging an enemy and not expecting a fool to run infront of his bullets like a silly tool.

Upvote 0
Two of us with bolt action rifle went at each other, both missed our rifle shot. Too close to reload, we both whipped out our pistol. I landed 2 non fatal shots and he landed 1 non fatal shot. Again, too close to reload, we proceeded to melee each other. we both land one hit. Both of us were close to dying so we both bandaged. He sensed he was down one hit, so he ran, and I chased after him until his teammate gun me down with mp40 :D

Upvote 0
I was playing on pavlov's house. Was on the Russian team and we were down to the last cap for us with the Germans pushing.I re spawn and go into the door leading to the first floor of cap, and see movement in the hallway. So i went to the wall , poked around and fired 1 shot at them. Luckily the shot missed ,since it was a sl. Not even 2 seconds later a German pops around the corner through the doorway he was against but couldn't be seen. So i shot the german causing the sl to look at me, turn behind him at the dieing German lying at his feet,and back at me. Best feeling in the game so far. :IS2:Was very exciting /funny for both of us.

Upvote 0
Any time I hip shot or bayo an assault class with my bolt in close quarters.

Makes me feel like :p
Spoiler!

Last edited:
Reactions: B4$$TarD
Upvote 0
throwing smoke in a building I was hiding in (i think on pavlovs)
It was an enemy building

Walking up to about 4 enemies
They all kind of look at me but don't think about it (perhaps we look similar in smoke)
One was commander on the radio
others were kinda guarding doorways

I dunno - they were idiots

I unloaded my shiz on them screaming MWAHAHAHAHAHAHHA
None fired back.

2 came in to see whats going on - again they didn't jump their guns on me. I shoot the first guy, second guy begins to shoot (lousily) I gun him down.

I then have to switch to my nagant as there is no time to reload
At that point everyone realized I was a a bad guy
I hit 2 more with the pistol until being surrounded and rifle but to death

Upvote 0