• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Prevent tank from spawn camping the Allies in Commissar's House.

DesiQ

Grizzled Veteran
Feb 5, 2011
Australia
www.desiquintans.com
Please please please provide some extra protection for the first Allied spawn in Commissar's House (the concrete structure). A German tank often rushes into D3 or so, switches to HE shells, and obliterates whole squads that have just spawned in by firing at the opposite wall.

The tank is incredibly difficult to remove without a friendly tank or wasting an arty call, and AT soldiers get pummelled because the only safe approach is hitting its side from the water treatment area. The team learns not to spawn there once they spot it, but in the meantime we've lost ten or twenty tickets to that tank, and the whole thing is ridiculous.

In Pavlovs House you have the same situation , and also in fallen fighters and Red Oktober ... part of the problem is the advancing spawn , In pavlov's House the distance between the second axis and soviet spawn is just about 50 meters ...
I actually haven't noticed these issues in those maps. The tank positioning in those maps is 'fairer' than in Commissar's House, because even though a tank can rip on soldiers outside their spawn, they can't kill them at the spawn itself (correct me if I'm wrong).

Upvote 0
I actually haven't noticed these issues in those maps. The tank positioning in those maps is 'fairer' than in Commissar's House, because even though a tank can rip on soldiers outside their spawn, they can't kill them at the spawn itself (correct me if I'm wrong).

I think you are correct. No other maps give tanks direct vision of the spawn like in Commissar's House.

Upvote 0
I've been repeatedly killed in the concrete building by the mg from a tank right after spawning. I'm assuming its an ai gunner with heat seeking vision, but I dunno. It's rage inducing to spawn in a room strewn with bloody bits and weapons and then just get shredded.

I'm getting pretty tired of that map, it would be much better with just a few changes.

Upvote 0
I've been repeatedly killed in the concrete building by the mg from a tank right after spawning. I'm assuming its an ai gunner with heat seeking vision, but I dunno. It's rage inducing to spawn in a room strewn with bloody bits and weapons and then just get shredded.
If it's an MG then it's probably an AI.

For the HE spawn camping shots with the main cannon, I'm pretty sure it's a human who knows exactly what he's doing. The duckshoot dries up after a while, but not before he's killed each member of the team individually, since people rarely yell into chat, "TANK AT SPAWN 1, DON'T USE SPAWN 1!" And this is at the cost of some tens of tickets that the Russians can't afford to lose, since the rest of the map is basically against them with that damn lockdown timer in place.

Upvote 0
please please please provide some extra protection for the first allied spawn in commissar's house (the concrete structure). A german tank often rushes into d3 or so, switches to he shells, and obliterates whole squads that have just spawned in by firing at the opposite wall.

The tank is incredibly difficult to remove without a friendly tank or wasting an arty call, and at soldiers get pummelled because the only safe approach is hitting its side from the water treatment area. The team learns not to spawn there once they spot it, but in the meantime we've lost ten or twenty tickets to that tank, and the whole thing is ridiculous.

+1

Upvote 0