• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

RO2 Equipment Suggestion:

Addetter

Sep 4, 2011
This is my opinion for a wishlist, I will start by making a short summary of the things I want and I think should be in RO2 in a future update:
- Static MG42
- Melee Weapons (Knives, Spades)
- Geballte Ladung Stielhandgranate
- Wheeled Vehicles
- Stalingrad city map and Volga crossing map
- Maybe new gamemode, AAS (Which is already featured in campaign)
- Static MG emplacements

Static MG42:
mg42dummyontripod.jpg
(MG42 on Lafette tripod)
The MG42 on the Lafette tripod instead of the static MG34. Even though the MG42 had not been made into many copies yet, it was used a little during Stalingrad. This also to adds more variation between the Axis MG`s, the allies have Maxim as static and DP28 as portable while the Axis currently have MG34 as both static and portable.

Melee Weapons:
$(KGrHqUOKpoE4m4uMvbzBOPtnEkMlQ~~0_35.JPG
(Soviet shovel/spade)
spade1.jpg
(German shovel/spade)
Lets start with the spade/shovel. The Red Army infantry actually sharpened their edge of their shovels so it could be used as a knife/sword to be both an entrenchment tool and an effective melee weapon.
Short_7.jpg
(German Heer knife)
28694d1235658225-russian-ww2-patrol-fighting-knife-patrol-20knife-201-1-.jpg
(Soviet fighting knife)
Sharp and effective in melee fights. Not really much to say about them.
Melee weapons should be issued all infantry. They should take a slot so you have to equip it, then attack instead of just press a button to attack.

Geballte Ladung Stielhandgranate:
M24%20geballte%20ladung.jpg

This would be something interesting for the maps with tanks on them? Issued to assault troopers or/and engineers, give me your thoughts!

Wheeled vehicles:
In RO: Ostfront 41-45 i remember there were some wheeled vehicles/light transport. The K

Last edited:
Here are some things I would like to see in RO2:

Here are some things I would like to see in RO2:

- Molotov cocktails - they could be found around the map like panzerfausts in RO1, good vs infantry, and maybe even tanks (if it lights the engine on fire)
gallery_31313_326_15832.jpg

- Improved close combat - let's take the bayonets for example - now you just slightly poke someone with it, and they die instantly, the animation needs to be more powerful and brutal, like you are really stabbing someone. I agree with Addetter, there should also be the ability to use knives and shovels, especially if your weapon gets shot out of your hand.
1258_brest-fortress-627.jpg

- More tanks - some of these tanks could be put into the game: PzII, PzIII, StuGIII, the T-60, T-26 or T-46, Bt-7, T-28, Kv-1

- Ability to bail out of tanks - if your tank is disabled, or even on fire, you should have the option of escaping it (instead of just waiting for someone to kill you), then you pick up your weapon and join your comrades on foot.
m41-034.jpg

- Deployable MG42, Luger pistol and DShK 1938
Mg42.jpg
Luger.jpg
dshk_001.jpg

- Environments more destructible - now I know this is very hard to do, I'm not asking for destructible environments like in bf4, but there are a few things that could be done that would make the game more realistic. For example:
#1 artillery, mortars and tanks can make craters in the ground, this could be useful for infantry, as they could hide in them.
#2 It's really annoying to be a tanker on the FallenFighters map, as your tank gets stuck very easily. You should be able to crush objects like walls, sandbags, street lamps, maybe even the monuments found on the square.
Another thing that annoys me is that you can't destroy the walls of the buildings, behind which are those f*ckers with PTRS rifles :). I know this is very difficult to do, but still, it would be nice.
#3 I know that some of the cover can be penetrated by bullets, but I think it could be useful being able to completely destroy a cover, making the enemy exposed, and unable to use it again. Brothers in Arms: Hell's Highway did a pretty good job with that.
hells.jpg

Upvote 0