• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Question] Don't understand why FPS is so bad.

AcaDia

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 16, 2011
I don't really get why my FPS is so bad. I play on Low settings and I get anywhere from 20-26 FPS. If I play on Ultra I get 15-20.

Why is everything from low to ultra only a whoppin 5 FPS increase? Leaves me to believe its not on my end of the problem.

Point is, I'm well above minimum and the game is barely playable. I've been waiting for patches to see if it involves and it never does, and now I'm getting impatient.

My computer spec's:

Windows 7
Dual core AMD 3.0ghz
6 gigs of Ram
Geforce GTX 260

Ive got the same problem as you, my clan ppl are saying that i have a sh*tty pc... e8400, 560Ti gtx and 2gb of ram on XP.. in my opinion when on different detail lvl Ive got almost the same FPS it isnt my pc config fault.

Still looking for solution, however if one will be not found i wont spend 300-400$ for new mobo,cpu or ram.. so money spent for Ro2 will be thrown in mud.. Shame, coz Ive played Ro1 for almost 5 years.

Upvote 0
theres a problem with older cpu's. with my old q8300 it doesnt work good either. im due an upgrade anyway, to a bulldozer and probably 8gigs of ram. should last the next 3 or 4 years and hopefully red orchestra 2
btw the guy with 2 gigs of ram and dual core really should upgrade cuz theyre realllyyy bottlenecking your 6850.

Upvote 0