Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS News and Announcements > News and Announcements

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 10-05-2011, 03:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
Both of these are semi correct. That stat has always been a kill point which happened to coincide with number of kills. By doing this double kill/xp time it will cause that number to be incorrect in terms of kills and we are looking at renaming it to avoid confusion.
Just double everything else too.
Old 10-05-2011, 05:22 PM

im still experiencing the same issues as befor while in the beta.
http://forums.steampowered.com/forum....php?t=2157487
Well played 4 rounds on beta.

Music constantly playing
jolting Warp or lag cut screens
no sound in game only sound I hear is the click empty
mag sound.
I noticed the sound has something to do with the getting shot and
slowly bleeding and dieing. as that sounds disapates, then never comes back.

ASUS R3E\Intel i7x950\Nvidia GTX580xGTX465 for physics\Sound Blaster Titainium PCIexpress series 7.1\8gb PC1600 ripjaws\win7x64
Old 10-05-2011, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yoshiro View Post
Both of these are semi correct. That stat has always been a kill point which happened to coincide with number of kills. By doing this double kill/xp time it will cause that number to be incorrect in terms of kills and we are looking at renaming it to avoid confusion.
I do like statistics, in some aspects, so I know at least I would have appreciated being able to see both points (as is now), but also kills and assists. That would mean a total of three counters. I am fine as it is now, but the possibility to see if I am the one taking the final shots or the helping hand would sure have been interesting. A marginal remark, but well...

Other than that it seems your decisions, concerning this stats situation, are the reasonable ones. Keep it up!
Old 10-05-2011, 08:33 PM

Just wanted to add that it looks like the official server is running Pavlov's House quite a bit. Whatever optimizations you did, my framerate absolutely dives at Zab's house. Less than 10 FPS, and it doesn't even seem to recover. I really can't play as the Russians on that map.

I was just playing a standard map rotation waiting for the next map to load. CD-Barracks. It takes about 5 minutes, the first message I hear is the Russian guy saying "We have lost this round, but victory will be ours." Pretty irritating.

EDIT: I just had my own gunshots stop being audible in beta. First time that's ever happened.

Last edited by dwhee; 10-05-2011 at 10:34 PM.
Old 10-05-2011, 11:33 PM

Quick report:

No sudden stat jumps, but something weird started happening. For five real kills on the DP28, I recieved 10 kills (normal so far), then twenty kill points. Similar thing happened with the k98. Kill points appear to be quadrupled, counting 4x towards weapon leveling, while kills are doubled, as they should be.

Some other bugs (don't know if these are just left over or something):
--not all gunshots play. I got mowed down by an MP40 while running down a hallways without hearing a single shot.
--manual bolting enabled bolt-action rifles don't leave hit impacts once more.

Classic forever.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikita View Post
Quick report:

No sudden stat jumps, but something weird started happening. For five real kills on the DP28, I recieved 10 kills (normal so far), then twenty kill points. Similar thing happened with the k98. Kill points appear to be quadrupled, counting 4x towards weapon leveling, while kills are doubled, as they should be.
This is working as designed.

Kills are worth 2 kill points, and assists are worth 1 kill points. So yes you should get 4 kill points per kill with double kill bonus.
Old 10-06-2011, 06:53 AM

So the big question is... when is it coming? Should have been out yesterday!Gah...
Old 10-06-2011, 08:01 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JerrySmacker View Post
So the big question is... when is it coming? Should have been out yesterday!Gah...
Lets hope tonight US time so that the whole world can play a patched RO2 in the weekend.
Old 10-06-2011, 08:19 AM
Banned

More than likely, it will be released when its ready.
Old 10-06-2011, 09:38 AM

Here are alll the ending screens after a round last night on the Beta beast server:

Here are all the ending screens from the round played the night before:

It looks like it is giving us the double kills that TWI said we would have, but the points don't add up for rifleman. It looks like I went DOWN from the 1st to the second. I haven't had any unearned accomplishments or jumps in rank.

Last edited by Rotaugen2009; 10-06-2011 at 09:41 AM.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:40 PM

just played commissars house. the only guy around left as i signed in. i decided to hang around and see if classes were leveling up. i played squad leader and switched back and forth from ally to axis. i scored around 500 points doing so. after the game, i got absolutely NO points on my squad leader class.
also had the same sound problem i've had since the beta was patched. sound cut out after about five minutes and all i could hear was my own gun fire and some random music. it didn't only happen when capping. it was random. i have the music set to off in options. t wasn't that music.
also i noticed while firing the mp40, that it's sounds were way off. sounded like a semi-auto while i was emptying the mag.
Old 10-06-2011, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r5cya View Post
just played commissars house. the only guy around left as i signed in. i decided to hang around and see if classes were leveling up. i played squad leader and switched back and forth from ally to axis. i scored around 500 points doing so. after the game, i got absolutely NO points on my squad leader class.
also had the same sound problem i've had since the beta was patched. sound cut out after about five minutes and all i could hear was my own gun fire and some random music. it didn't only happen when capping. it was random. i have the music set to off in options. t wasn't that music.
also i noticed while firing the mp40, that it's sounds were way off. sounded like a semi-auto while i was emptying the mag.
Squad leader, eh? I'll have to try some other classes and see what happens. No sound problems in a long time.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotaugen2009 View Post
Squad leader, eh? I'll have to try some other classes and see what happens. No sound problems in a long time.
i'm having them almost every game now! just got off commisar. sound cut out from the start. none at alll this game. we still kicked butt on the germans though!
Old 10-06-2011, 02:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r5cya View Post
i'm having them almost every game now! just got off commisar. sound cut out from the start. none at alll this game. we still kicked butt on the germans though!
The last time that sound cut out for me ( a couple of weeks ago, none since the patch after that), I just assumed a close grenade blast had deafened me for the battle. It actually made for an eerie fight.