• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics SP Gumrak

how2skate_com

Grizzled Veteran
Aug 20, 2011
I'm playing on the 2nd most easy difficulty, all the previous missions were a cakewalk, but this one always goes wrong.

I don't really have a clue what to do, no matter where I put my team, they keep dieing like flies. After a while, the Russians are everywhere and I'm the only one left, going rambo all around the house, killing lots but not enough.

One time the timer went down to 00:00 and 10 seconds later "Mission failed"... wait what?

Even if I don't die, mission ends, shouldn't be able to fall back to the other location?

And what's with reinforcements? There's no explanation to be found anywhere, sometimes I get some reinforcements, sometimes I don't get any at all.

I tried and failed 50 times, please put me in the right direction... :(

gumrak's the tank map. from the sounds of it you're playing on commissars, which was an absolute ***** of a map, on hero you have an mg in the water area and the main building, so you can't go within sight of ANY of the windows, and are left in one tiny room waiting for the russians to sit in the capzone :(

as for winning it, that mostly came down to hax reflexes and nadespam at the doorways when they tried to force their way inside :p

if you actually mean gumrak and your panzer 4's are dying like flies, remember to put the tank on a little bit of an angle, and shoot low on the sides of the tank, much more probable to hit something important :D

Upvote 0
I've finished the whole campaign on Hero.

The worst mission that will rip your nerves is the last one, Fallen Heroes in Russian Campaign.

So, about defending comissary house, just get up on the 2nd floor of that house you start near. Now, I'm not totally sure, but I tried all possible weapons that my teammates uses (Yes, I tked them for them - they are mostly useless anyway).

The starting weapon actually works the most nicely (remember to switch from scope to ironsights from time to time).
Stand in the window that faces north, on the left side of it to barely see the enemy spawn zone. Keep picking enemies off, especially those who run for the trenches on north side.
At least that's how I did it.

I tried it with MG, but... it was just pointless waste of time and "respawns".

Upvote 0
So, about defending comissary house, just get up on the 2nd floor...

Okay, that doesn't work at all for me since it's enough for them to enter the zone with two guys if most of my teammates are gone. That's really annoying.
Anyway, what works best for me is to camp at the northwest wall just on the edge of the 'zone'. Most enemies just runs right past and you can just but a bullet in their spine. :cool:

That doesn't matter however since nothing happens when the timer finishes..

Upvote 0
On every attack mission just set your soldiers to attack, find some cover and go prone and afk for 10 min, come back keep ordering them and advance to the next objective when its clear. Complete until the maps over.

Due to defence missions having enemy spawn 30 seconds away and the ai not know wtf cover is its usually quite a lost cause unless you yourself manage to nail some of the advancing enemies. Don't bother positioning your men, ever. Just use simple defence/attack commands. ONLY specific command i use is to place the lmg, otherwise he runs around with it on his back while shooting a pistol.

Btw, I beat the entire german/russian campaign like this, paying attention and helping in the first few maps then realizing the ai was retarded and 12 guys at a time is lame... but I wanted achievements! >>

edit: also, in the gumrak map my tanks raped the russians when set on defence, afterwards there was a bug and they all turned into floating bodies that the russians couldn't shoot, so i set them to move to the enemy and capture everything until we won. Lol XD

Upvote 0