• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

Has anyone benfited from the AVT-40?

• Help

Votes: 78 60.5%
  • Hurt

Votes: 51 39.5%

• Total voters
ONCE, it helped.

ONCE.

I was laying on the ground in Spartanovka on the west side shooting towards the east. I heard footsteps coming from my left and turned to face a charging German. I accidentally switched on full-auto and unloaded the rest of my clip into him. He managed to hit me, though, so I was already too far bled to heal up in time.

At least it was cool.

Upvote 0
It obviously isn't anywhere near as good as the mkb, but it's alot more satisfying to kill someone with the avt than it is with the mkb. /If/ I continue to play this and don't fully revert back to DH I see the AVT used whenever possible on either side, it's so difficult to use that it's fun.

Bursting is fine out to 100m, but going full auto at any range is kind of risky, not only due to the recoil but also due to the limited magazine size.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
You are a brain dead moron if you said it hurt you.

It is exactly the same as the SVT except with full auto CAPABILITY.

It is a DIRECT upgrade.

there is no question that you are 100% correct

this isn't a discussion people -- if it's even hurting you a tiny bit you aren't using it right.

at the minimum, it is exactly the same. turn it to semi-auto if you must, but it should never hurt you.

Upvote 0