• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Tactics Battlefield commission?

Cheesehawk

Sep 14, 2011
A couple of times while playing, I get a server message between maps about being "promoted" to some command position. I'm not sure what it does, so obviously decline is best option right now. Can someone please tell me what its about? I'm assuming it will force me to not play my fav class rifleman but force me to be a squad leader or commander?

I personally like this feature because there are times when you get stuck as a class you just don't want to play at the moment. For doing exceptionally well, you get to choose whatever class you'd like to play as and do so; I've encountered a few people getting furious at being replaced as SL/TL, though. The downside to this feature is that if you are an average-skill player and you don't tend to do supremely well in any game, it is unlikely you will get the in-game battlefield promotion. Does it just go by the top score(or scorers), or is it randomly selected from the upper half of your team?

Upvote 0
It's beyond annoying and should be removed and replaced by some server voting script instead.

I was 2nd on the leaderboard as an SL, winning the battle, but the next time I respawned, I was just another grunt.

Its actually a functioning server option (we have it off). There is also a seperate role vote (although if this works I'm not sure),

Upvote 0