• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Crash] Constant pc freezes ingame

Ice

Jan 5, 2007
Since "Pavlovs house" was released (BETA), my pc would freeze 5 minutes in actual gameplay. Game worked fine (apart from well known bugs) BEFORE that update.

Every map... 5 minutes in... game would jutter and slowly come to a halt, freezing my entire pc and all its programs.

I have all the latests drivers and NO overheats. I have not touched anything since the patches. All system hardware checks come back fine. I am able to play many other games still without problem. Older ones and more demanding ones.

It was doing this late in the beta... and it is doing it in the release... I tried single player and i am not 100% sure but i think that works withhout problem... i was playing for nearly 15 minutes without a system crash. It only happens whilst playing multiplayer for 5 minutes.

WINDOWS 7 64BIT
I7 930 3GH
1TB HARDDRIVE
4GB CORSAIR TRI-CHANNEL RAM
RADEON ATI 5970 GRAPHICS

LOGITECH G35 HEADPHONES
RAZER COPPERHEAD MOUSE
RAZER LYCOSA KEYBOARD

System does not create any dumps files as it compeltely freezes without the chance to do so.

Possible fix!

Works so far for me.

1) Make sure you set tesellation to "Use application Settings" on your graphics software.

2) Enable "Surface Format optimization" on your graphics software.

3) Uninstall RO2.

4) Delete RO2 Beta from Steams windows folders.

5) Reinstall RO2.

6) Go to steam RO2 windows binerys folder and reinstall the unreal engine.

So far so good.

Last edited:
Upvote 0