• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Fail mantle

This happens to me when I start pressing keys before the mantle animation is over--like if I get hasty and start sprinting before I'm done getting over the obstacle. More often than not, I end up on top of the obstacle. I think it might depend at what point during the animation I try doing something else. But in most cases, you just press space and wait for your player to mantle and get to the other side before you push any keys at all.

Upvote 0
This happens to me when I start pressing keys before the mantle animation is over--like if I get hasty and start sprinting before I'm done getting over the obstacle. More often than not, I end up on top of the obstacle. I think it might depend at what point during the animation I try doing something else. But in most cases, you just press space and wait for your player to mantle and get to the other side before you push any keys at all.

Good idea, that could be what's causing it. Remember that unlike in RO:Ost, animations can be interrupted, so you have to get used to letting them finish if you want the task done.

This is a really great new feature to the game because you can change your mind based on rapidly changing battlefield conditions, but it can cause frustrations like this if you get ahead of yourself and input any movement that will interrupt the current animation.

Haven't tested it but I suspect this is plausible with mantling because it also happens to me all the time when I am reloading certain weapons, especially the AT rifles or the LMGs. I accidentally interrupt the reload not realizing it until I need the rounds to fire and it is too late.

I wonder also if it is simply related to the recent latency issues. Improper mantling could often result from lag, I imagine.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
This happens to me 7 out of ten in trenches. I can only get out by running forward as Im mantling. One time I actually had to kill myself because I couldnt get out after about 10 tries.
Commisairs house I think is the map with the trenchs everywhere but that map I get stuck in the trenchs all the time and have a very hard time getting out. I had the binoculars out and after switching weapons was able to get out.

Upvote 0