• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

please tell me it's not just me...

tr!ck

FNG / Fresh Meat
Sep 10, 2011
Hi guys,

I'm new.

I'm gonna try to make this short:

I love this game (the beta). It's different, it's realistic (to a degree), it's tactical, blah blah etc.

BUT

I can run the game at around 25-30 frames on LOWEST settings.

I would be content playing at a steady 30 fps in all situations on medium graphics.

I want to know if I'm not the only one getting poor performance on a decent machine, or if my machine is decent at all (just got a brand new laptop for university, and I've been out of the PC world for years. I am a BF2/CSS veteran though:p ).

These are my specs according to the control panel on my computer:

Manufacturer: HP

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

RAM: 8.00 GB

CPU: AMD A8-3510MX APU (quad core 1800mhz)

Graphics Chipset/GPU: AMD Radeon(TM) HD 6620G, 1536mb dedicated graphics memory (says dual graphics/it also says i am crossfire enabled?), DirectX 11

Hard drive: 650gb

I guess what I'm asking is if I should try to get a refund before the game is out if it will run this bad when the final version is released.

I see alot of threads on how the optimization is not yet perfected for this game, and I am familiar with the UE3 engine (prefer the source engine myself).

Is there still hope? Or should I just say goodbye to RO2 for good? <--- I really dont want to...

Any tips/tricks/suggestions/general comments would be extremely appreciated.

Thanks!

P.S. I can run TF2 on highest settings at 40-60 fps in the most intense firefights on 32 man servers. Dunno if that'll help.

Model: HP Pavilion dv6 Notebook PC

Hi, when i read this i went eek! Maybe they have got better since i dealt with a HP laptop but they used to be so full of bloated crappy software and generally run like utter crap.

Have you cleaned up the PC or rebuilt it since you purchased it?

I understand people are having issues with crossfire/sli setups.. i'm not sure if this has been resolved?

1800mhz is pretty low for RO2 & unfortunately i believe RO2 does not support quad cores.

I'd suggest you streamline you PC and optimise it for running games, good luck.

Upvote 0
Laptops are never great, but 30fps isn't an unreasonable ask on that hardware. I'd say you just need to be patient, there are performance issues for a lot of people at the moment (including myself), even those with top end gear. The issues are known and still being investigated, things will almost certainly improve (TW won't leave the game broken).

Reactions: Kipper
Upvote 0
Our gaming clan had a running dialog on our website regarding the likely system requirements of RO2 for months prior to release. Anyone that paid attention to the development trailers had some sense of how resource hungry this baby would likely be. And it is not alone. If you think HoS requires horsepower, IL2 Cod will take even a SLI system's breath away. My point is that all new games going forward will require more graphic capability because they are using new and expected graphic features the public wants.
You can ratchet back the settings quite a bit, but you're not going to run anything new on the old dual core and 8800 GT much longer.
In spite of all our pre-release discussion, there was still a good number of people unprepared for 2011 releases. I'm afraid it's upgrade time for many of us.

Upvote 0
Yes, your system is a bit in the under powered zone for this game.
However i would also point out that many people with better rigs are also having FPS issues. It may be that with future game patches you may see a minor increase, but realistically your getting close to what i would expect for such a system.

In the end no laptop GPU can stand up to a desktop.
Heat is the hold up in portable systems. They just don't have room for the kind of cooling it would take to fully power a good GPU(or CPU as well).

Upvote 0
That is actually decent FPS for the computer you are using...
No way man, I'm getting the same FPS on low with
2.0 dual core
8600m GS
4 gig ram, Vista 32 bit

Only with the 260.99 drivers though. The latest NVDIA drivers are crappy for almost any game atm for the 8xxx series.

You know what?

I'm getting a desktop. I'm getting headaches from using low settings. I wish the graphs were more like RO:OST when on low settings, which would make it at least bearable to look at.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have everyting on Ultra, and its running great.

I have AMD Phenom 2 965 (4x 3,4ghz) black edition
XFX HD 6850 Dual fan Black edition
4gb DDR3 1600MHZ

Never lag, or errors.

But since the new patches, its really getting unplayable. Its going from great to bad, and im not the only one with this opinion.

If i was TW i delayed RO2 1 or 2 more weeks, there are still alot of problems. Just to have no bad reviewers, and yes i know its an beta and not the final game. But 3 more days, they wont make it! I know they are hard working, but turing from good to bad and unplayable....

I seen alot of guys talking about the same subject as me, and still support TW but now its really an hell for me!

Sometimes i need to start my game 3 a 4 times before getting in an server, many times RO2 is not responding and freezes. Never had this before, only since the new patch. This whole week, i only completed 1 match without any errors its just terrible never had this before!

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I have everyting on Ultra, and its running great.

I have AMD Phenom 2 965 (4x 3,4ghz) black edition
XFX HD 6850 Dual fan Black edition
4gb DDR3 1600MHZ

Never lag, or errors.

But since the new patches, its really getting unplayable. Its going from great to bad, and im not the only one with this opinion.

If i was TW i delayed RO2 1 or 2 more weeks, there are still alot of problems. Just to have no bad reviewers, and yes i know its an beta and not the final game. But 3 more days, they wont make it! I know they are hard working, but turing from good to bad and unplayable....

I seen alot of guys talking about the same subject as me, and still support TW but now its really an hell for me!

Sometimes i need to start my game 3 a 4 times before getting in an server, many times RO2 is not responding and freezes. Never had this before, only since the new patch. This whole week, i only completed 1 match without any errors its just terrible never had this before!

Same story here. Game has gotten progressively worse with each patch for me and now performs like crap.

Upvote 0
Yeah i bought the game recently so not sure if it ran great before , right now tho it is quite sluggish .

Running a

Core i7 920 - 4.2

Intel SSD

Tried both nvidia 285 gtx in sli and ATI 5870 single and got poor performance in all settings with both (unless i use the config tweak and use the depth of field setting but then it's hard to even spot enemies with such low graphic settings) .

Here's hoping they figure out what's dragging the performance before release day , first impressions on a game are big , so it can drive alot of people away from the game if it's just sluggish for them on day 1 .

Cheers

Upvote 0