• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Joining a false server?

LHeureux

Grizzled Veteran
Jan 24, 2011
I have this issue and other people too when in the browser you join a server that is on for exemple Pavlov's House with 48/54. Then there's the loading and finally when joined you got a server with no people or very few and sometimes with a bot or 2 and not the right map.

Anybody else got this?

I have this issue and other people too when in the browser you join a server that is on for exemple Pavlov's House with 48/54. Then there's the loading and finally when joined you got a server with no people or very few and sometimes with a bot or 2 and not the right map.

Anybody else got this?

I got worse, I joined (some other server), and nothing happened, I couldn't quit, move, open menu, or anything. So I open the console, and no commands work, its just stuck there... Forever... Not even Alt + F4 works... So I have to open the task manager and kill it... :(

Upvote 0
I was getting this too but I think I have figured out what is happening:

If you sort the servers in any way (ping/players/etc) and then double click on a server your computer thinks you are clicking on a different server than what you are seeing. (Hence the wrong map/player count/etc)

As a temporary workaround it seems to always join the correct server if you rightclick on the server and select "join" from the sub menu that pops up.

Reactions: Mormegil
Upvote 0
same problem since patch

same problem since patch

Cant find any full servers, some say they are full i join and there is no one there...also was having PunkBuster issues...But i think i fixed that

I will try using the connect button instead of double click as somone else mentioned....see if that helps

Upvote 0