• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Gumrak map

Since you guys made a thread about this map; i'd like to highlight that this is the least played map in the beta as far as i can see. Maybe the map design is to blame because the tank gameplay is pretty awsome and immersive despite bugs/balance issues but the layout could be improved i guess.

Upvote 0
I think the floating tank problem is because of the LOD of the landscape.. so that's more of an unreal thing. At a distance the landscape switches to a lower detail level.. for sloped surfaces that sometimes means it's avarage point is lower than then on the higer resolution landscape..
The position of the tank remains the same.. no matter how far away it is and what LOD it uses.

I really like the tanking in the game.. but it's needs some adjustments.

Also.. I like gumrak.. but for a map with only tanks.. I would like to see even bigger maps.. and not so bare.. more places to hide..

I cannot wait for the SDK.. I'll look into making tank maps and other tanks.

Upvote 0
Bigger maps?

Running some numbers and using Google Earth shows that the entire city of Stalingrad is about 6 gumrak's (assuming 4km long map) long, about 3 gumraks wide.

At that point you might as well graft all the maps that we have into that area, fill the blanks, and allow thousands of players into that playable area, run the game on a central hub, and have an actual massive scale battle experience.

Upvote 0
I think the floating tank problem is because of the LOD of the landscape.. so that's more of an unreal thing. At a distance the landscape switches to a lower detail level.. for sloped surfaces that sometimes means it's avarage point is lower than then on the higer resolution landscape..
The position of the tank remains the same.. no matter how far away it is and what LOD it uses.

I really like the tanking in the game.. but it's needs some adjustments.

Also.. I like gumrak.. but for a map with only tanks.. I would like to see even bigger maps.. and not so bare.. more places to hide..

I cannot wait for the SDK.. I'll look into making tank maps and other tanks.

:cool: Well if you do reach that point, TWB is running a tanks only server called Iron Horse. Right now we have only four good maps in rotation. I would love to feature any new tank map in a Beta state of development.
Keep us in mind. :)

Upvote 0
:cool: Well if you do reach that point, TWB is running a tanks only server called Iron Horse. Right now we have only four good maps in rotation. I would love to feature any new tank map in a Beta state of development.
Keep us in mind. :)
you're out of luck. that guy hasn't been online for a year. not sure why this thread rose from the dead at all.

Upvote 0