Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > Technical Support > RO2/RS Support

Old 09-06-2011, 10:12 AM

Default Can't connect to servers.

I am using my 4G mobile hotspot off my Verizon LG Revolution for my internet source. It works as an ad-hoc network and works fine for every other game.

But!

I cannot connect to any servers in RO2. Sometimes I can't even see any servers. When I click connect it just sits at that connecting screen for like 5 minutes then it times out.

What can I do? Is it some sort of port issue? (but then again I'm using my phone).

When I connected to my neighbor's weak wifi I was able to play just fine until I lost signal. Help! I feel like I just wasted $40 bucks..
Old 09-20-2011, 12:43 PM

I am having the same problem. I can connect to only a couple servers. And I don't know why I can connect to those specific ones. If I single click on any server in the list, it lets me see the players in it- so it must be getting some info from it. But if I try and join, it sits on "connecting" and then times out. Is this a router/port issue? If so is there a thread with specific ports I need to open. Anyone else having this issue??

Thanks!

Edit: And I do not have this error with ANY OTHER online games/steam games on my network. It is only RO2.
Edit again: I am not using my phone.

Last edited by Ravenor; 09-20-2011 at 03:34 PM.
Old 09-20-2011, 05:01 PM

bump..
Old 09-20-2011, 05:45 PM

Found this other thread here on the forum about this issue. This is the link http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...ad.php?t=65447. In that thread they do refer to an other thread with a possible solution for this problem. This is it http://forums.tripwireinteractive.co...710#post890710. Maybe it works.
Old 09-20-2011, 06:40 PM

Hmm I tried that but no dice. The problem is that it isn't even connecting to the server. It just stays stuck on "connecting". I am wondering if RO2 needs any special ports or anything? But like I said earlier, this is the ONLY game that isn't connecting for me...

Except for the couple servers that do (TWB ones to be exact), I can connect fine to those...
Old 09-21-2011, 10:52 AM

Last Bump.

My main issue is that I CAN connect to a couple servers...but I don't know what distinguishes them from the others. Other than that, I time out connecting to the rest.

Any clues?