Tripwire Interactive Forums

Go Back   Tripwire Interactive Forums > Red Orchestra 2 / Rising Storm Forums > RO2/RS General > General Discussion

Click here to go to the first Dev post in this thread.  
Old 09-11-2011, 02:37 PM

Default server

I am very happy that you are with us is fun to play ... Yes, the pings are very high ... But is is to play well without stutter ... (without punbuster) we hope to 13th

http://www.franzkaiser-clan.de/
Old 09-11-2011, 02:41 PM

Weapon dmg is the same in both mods, right?
Old 09-12-2011, 01:32 PM

I think that in a realism mode there should´t be bandage-option...
Old 09-12-2011, 03:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepihoh View Post
I am pleased
Wait, what do you mean? Every soldier in the war didn't get issued his own shinny pistol?
Old 09-14-2011, 08:27 AM

Although I've always been a realism diehard fan.....I prefer the standard mode at this moment.

The small map really helps the peripheral vision and thus maintaining the cohesion.

But I don't like pistols for everyone at all.
Old 09-14-2011, 09:32 AM

Excuse me,new around and my question is simple and i found a lot of threads open but didn't understand ****......exept everybody figthing.They say the real german and rusian voices well be emplemented in realism mode when the game is releasted,so....i don't hear them...
Old 09-14-2011, 05:09 PM

Could someone make a little spreadsheet or other type of side-by-side for this, post it, and ask the dev to edit the main post?

It's really hard to get a proper idea without lost of hunting :P
Old 09-14-2011, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiedTrying View Post
did not read

Had no interest scrolling back and forth.

But thanks for the information anyway?

+1

as long as everything can be tweaked by server owners.....idk

Old 09-17-2011, 03:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptRio View Post
Although I've always been a realism diehard fan.....I prefer the standard mode at this moment.

The small map really helps the peripheral vision and thus maintaining the cohesion.

But I don't like pistols for everyone at all.
I agree. I also prefer the standard mode in RO2. I tend to stay away from the realism servers.
This is already the most realistic game going ......no need for a realism mode lol.
Old 09-17-2011, 03:56 PM

In my opinion, the newbies have to respect the existence of a realistic way. RO2 exists thanks to the support that we, the oldfags, gave to RO1, a very realistic and simulator game while you played COD or BF.
The new RO have radar, and other accessories that make the gameplay a bit more arcade. So follow these options for veterans and lovers of the simulation.
I will not go into the standars servers and you won't do it in realistic. What's the problem? So please, respect our way of playing like I'm respect your way of playing. Your are in our house, Red Orchestra, you can't come to this game and demand convert to a CoD or BF. If so, Disappear and come back to those games.

Last edited by Celonius; 09-17-2011 at 05:45 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 05:10 PM

Thanks for the info! It's really nice to finally see what the differences actually are rather than trying to figure them out on my own.

I play exclusively on realism servers because I feel that they more closely resemble the gameplay I enjoyed in RO 1 and has the new features from RO HoS I really like.

Team killing is a lot more common however I think that problem will come to pass as people get more experience playing the game. I've been playing Red Orchestra since it's humble beginnings as a mod and I hope people share my opinion when I say that the best way to avoid killing your team mates is to communicate a lot amongst each other so you know (roughly) where the enemy is at all times and confirm what you're aiming at is an enemy before you start pumping your targets guts full of lead.

As far as the other gameplay modes I feel that they're great alternatives for new comers to Red Orchestra's gritty realism and offers some much needed forgiveness to the noobs who are still trying to figure the basic mechanics out and learn the maps. That being said I'll state again that as a long time RO player this mode isn't really my cup of tea!

tl;dr: Both modes serve their purposes well but there's always room for improvement.
Old 09-19-2011, 07:32 PM

The worst thing of the non-realistic mode is the damn deathcamera. That destroys completly the RO gameplay in much situations, you cant sneak behind the enemy and kill 10 guys in a row because spawn points are so close and after being killed they will hunt you down so fast.

Much more fun to search by yourself where is the damn sniper rather than die, oh so here he is, respawn and kill him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Celonius View Post
In my opinion, the newbies have to respect the existence of a realistic way. RO2 exists thanks to the support that we, the oldfags, gave to RO1, a very realistic and simulator game while you played COD or BF.
Oldfags lol xD <- Hipster
Old 09-21-2011, 02:49 PM

Why do kill messages even exist in realism mode? I think they really kill some of the mood, delayed or not.. the delay is negligable.

I always tried to play my WW2 games without kill messages, but it doesn't seem to be very popular to have them off.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:04 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1yeon View Post
Why do kill messages even exist in realism mode? I think they really kill some of the mood, delayed or not.. the delay is negligable.

I always tried to play my WW2 games without kill messages, but it doesn't seem to be very popular to have them off.
In my case I really like to play "realism" mode with delayed death messages for my kills and deaths, because playing without them feels like playing against nameless bots and not against other human beings.

I miss the personal feeling in that case; I can´t compliment my enemy for a nice shot or great move, or build up some "hatred" (in a good adrenalised gamey way) if I get killed by the same player again and again and having the gratification for maybe getting him later.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumo View Post
In my case I really like to play "realism" mode with delayed death messages for my kills and deaths, because playing without them feels like playing against nameless bots and not against other human beings.

I miss the personal feeling in that case; I can´t compliment my enemy for a nice shot or great move, or build up some "hatred" (in a good adrenalised gamey way) if I get killed by the same player again and again and having the gratification for maybe getting him later.
While this is valid, I do like the hard-core feeling of no messages as well. It should be a server-side option to disable them, or to extend the delay, so that it's up to players to decide if they like that style and thus what server types they prefer.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:16 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by silentbob17 View Post
While this is valid, I do like the hard-core feeling of no messages as well. It should be a server-side option to disable them, or to extend the delay, so that it's up to players to decide if they like that style and thus what server types they prefer.
It is a server side option at the moment and you can change the delay too.
Old 09-21-2011, 04:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rumo View Post
It is a server side option at the moment and you can change the delay too.
Yeah, but I figure after doing so it would make the ruleset "custom" and would be filtered out of my server search list. I suppose it's a matter of me finding the right server with the right custom ruleset and sticking to that one
Old 09-21-2011, 05:00 PM
On Vacation

Quote:
Originally Posted by j1yeon View Post
Yeah, but I figure after doing so it would make the ruleset "custom" and would be filtered out of my server search list. I suppose it's a matter of me finding the right server with the right custom ruleset and sticking to that one
Yep, you are right. I forgot that this setting isn´t whitelisted for realism.

I feel with you; right now it´s like the search for the Holy Grail since the browser doesn´t really give you enough information to choose the "right server".
Old 05-16-2012, 07:37 AM

*double post plz delete*

Last edited by SoFGR1; 05-17-2012 at 04:47 AM.
Old 06-05-2012, 02:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by x3ckid View Post
I don't see the reason for why not make spawning more like in Classic it is really worth it and also why not make Classic a separate mode to identify easy, instead of checking the servers name and to see if it is TD.
use your filters instead.