• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

In-Game Name

Cpt-Praxius

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 12, 2005
Canadian in Australia
Just wondering, and I haven't heard it talked about yet..... with the new unlock & progression system, how will player's names be handled in RO2?

I know that in RO1 and the Mod, you can choose whatever name you wish, but will RO2 revolve around your Steam Name, or do you make a profile within RO2 to setup a name/account for progression?

I ask because on Steam I'm "Praxius" not "Cpt-Praxius" and wondered if when I start up the game, would I be shown as just "Praxius"

Reactions: AntoxaGray
Errrr...

Isn't it easier? Why would you want a dozen different display names instead of one that everyone could recognize? Besides, changing through Steam is quite quick, as opposed to hitting escape and going through a few menus...

Dunno about RO:HOS but in RO:OST all you had to do was hit ESC in-game and there it was...
Or change it in the options, ofc. :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
Errrr...

Isn't it easier? Why would you want a dozen different display names instead of one that everyone could recognize? Besides, changing through Steam is quite quick, as opposed to hitting escape and going through a few menus...

Some people have multiple clans or other (in)valid reasons to change it often. If people on a CoD server know you by another name then people on the RO server, you would want to keep both names in those games separately.

Not that I care a lot, but soem people have their reasons;)

Upvote 0
I haven't seen too many Crap of Duty colour name arrow things in quite a while, but I guess MW6439 is coming out soon... :/
I played Homefront on Steam and the CoD color code thing was all over the place. It was so common that some server admins started booting players who used it just out of sheer annoyance.

Reactions: AntoxaGray
Upvote 0