• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Critical Sprint

You know, you playing Red Orchestra you having fun, suddenly you see a tank come to your position, you quickly sprint out of there and you waste all your stamina then suddenly a grenade falls right next to you, you can't sprint cause all your stamina is wasted and you die, but why not add Critical Sprint?
if you have such a position you can quickly press a button or something and you sprint really fast for 2 or 3 seconds but after that you can't really run or walk and you have to sit or lie down. Because in real life if you are tired and you see a grenade right infront of you, you're gonna run no matter how tired you are or throw the grenade away. So I really hope the developers read this because I want to run away from grenades when I have no stamina.

I kinda like the idea. Also, if you are in combat and you are suddenly shot in the arm or anywhere non-instant-lethal, you would get an "adrenaline-boost" for a couple of seconds, either for running to take cover and bandage yourself or realising that you are screwed either way and want to make the best of it by taking as many as possible with you with a couple of grenades or such.

Upvote 0
I actually like this idea. It's the one thing that pisses me off about the game is the sprinting. When you suddenly make a dead stop in the middle of a firefight because you don't have enough stamina.. that really burns my cannoli. However, if this idea does work for the devs, I'm not really sure how they're gonna do it without taking away some part of the "realism" of the game.

Also, I may be getting a little bit over my head here, but it would be nice if you can just pick up the grenade and throw it back...

Upvote 0
I actually like this idea. It's the one thing that pisses me off about the game is the sprinting. When you suddenly make a dead stop in the middle of a firefight because you don't have enough stamina.. that really burns my cannoli. However, if this idea does work for the devs, I'm not really sure how they're gonna do it without taking away some part of the "realism" of the game.

Also, I may be getting a little bit over my head here, but it would be nice if you can just pick up the grenade and throw it back...
The only problem is that critical Sprint is actually realism, because if a grenade lands or you're in a middle of the firefight you're gonna run... For your life.

Upvote 0

( sorry if I double post, cause for me it doesn't show if I posted my reply to jolorulz ) Well In my opinion critical sprint is actually realistic since if you're in a middle of a firefight or a grenade is next to you, you would run no matter how tired you were, unless you were completely tired like those guys after a marathon.

Upvote 0
( sorry if I double post, cause for me it doesn't show if I posted my reply to jolorulz ) Well In my opinion critical sprint is actually realistic since if you're in a middle of a firefight or a grenade is next to you, you would run no matter how tired you were, unless you were completely tired like those guys after a marathon.

LOL yeah i see the double post. But anyway, I guess you're right. But still like I said, it'd be a great idea if we could just pick up a grenade and throw it back...

Upvote 0
Well a system that gives you a bit of extra stamina every time you're under threat would be nice. Like let's say an enemy bullet passes you closely, you get a set amount of stamina to get out of there. And when you're out of said stamina your screen is blurry and you can only move at walking speed for a set amount of time.

Upvote 0
Just a sprint decreases your energy and makes you tired. Adrenalin/epinephrin would remove the 'tiredness'.

Tired means you're depleting energy, not that it's all gone. It's a safety mechanism like fainting, which is removed or altered under the influence of adrenalin. Because living is just a bit more important than preventing a cumbersome resting period.

yea!

why such a beautiful feature has been left out?

Actually I was wondering IF it was left out?
I never heard from it, but that doesn't mean it's not in the game.

So anyone knows?

Upvote 0
I kinda like the idea. Also, if you are in combat and you are suddenly shot in the arm or anywhere non-instant-lethal, you would get an "adrenaline-boost" for a couple of seconds, either for running to take cover and bandage yourself or realising that you are screwed either way and want to make the best of it by taking as many as possible with you with a couple of grenades or such.

This is a fallacy that getting shot somehow makes everyone stronger. Adrenaline might help the pain, but if you get shot, you're not suddenly going to be able to run faster than you normally would.

I think they just need to give you more stamina, though not much more.

Upvote 0
The only problem is that critical Sprint is actually realism, because if a grenade lands or you're in a middle of the firefight you're gonna run... For your life.

It's hard to say without playing it, but I think something like this should be possible. Imagine an extra movement button that you could push that would do a crazed dive to safety. Press it and your char jumps up (if it's prone or crouched) sprints a couple of paces and then dives to the ground. Sort of a panicked attempt to seek cover, but not a sprint away. Once you press the button, you can do nothing but wait for the dive to complete. So you have to point yourself in the right direction, press the button and hope for the best.

Sort of a first person cover system, but for open spaces.

Alternatively, the suppression system could be modified to make the panicked dive for cover become automatic if very near misses or slight hits are taken. At first you are just suppressed normally, but if you stay suppressed too long your char panics.

I would prefer to be able to control it, but either way would add some interesting effects - imagine a grenade lands and all the enemy suddenly panic dive away from it. Even if the nade doesn't kill anyone, it makes them combat ineffective for a few moments and that may be all you need.

Upvote 0

I actually suggested something like this (along with a few others) in the 'suppression bar' thread when it was just shown.

An adrenaline bar which is activated as an extra sprint in dire situation, but it will lock any sprint for a not-yet-determined time period.

So you have the adrenalin to safely escape, but it has a price (ultimate exhaustion)

Upvote 0