• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Weapon: crowbar!

noupperlobeman

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 21, 2010
Corning, New York
I hear you all now:

"upper! What could a crowbar bring to the game! New weapons aren't needed! There is absolutely no way any suggestion is relevant! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

Fear not, my fellow killers of floors. This weapon suggestion brings something to the table for the most popular perks!

Spoiler!

The crowbar for the berzerker, the grenade launcher for the demo, and the scoped pistol for the sharpshooter! It would also make for a great medic weapon! All only weighing three blocks, so everyone can still have a diverse loadout!

A mutator is in progress, and I expect it to be whitelisted quickly. Any feedback is appreciated.

I think more melee weapons should be scattered around, like a crow bar sitting on top of an opened crate, shovel or a hoe from a garden or a shed, a baseball bat leaning on a wall somewhere or in a garage, a broom you could pick up anywhere and snap off the end for a pike you can use to stab and swing, a steel pipe from a pile of junk or a pile of rusty pipes, a golf club leaning against an office desk or found in a closet, a fire axe behind some glass, a sledge hammer off a work bench or leaning against a wall with -300% attack speed but knockback ability and triple critical damage. I also think you should be able to fire at a fire extinguisher and run through the mist shooting out of the bullet hole to put your self out if a husk sets you ablaze, or even just pick one up you can use thats mounted on a wall. You could even beat in a few heads with it. :) Something that's always bothered me is the Pyro should get bonuses for the fire axe. 50% faster attacks, 100% better chance of critical damage, and 100% more critical damage.

There's also a lot of tools no one even either knows or considers, like for example alternatives to the crow bar:

Dead On Tools Annihilator 18 in. Wrecking/Utility Bar
DOAN18Aweb.jpg

Shark Corp 14-1/8-inch Nail Puller
B00004TBQE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

STANLEY 30 in. Universal Wrecking Tool
Universal-Wrecking-Tool-2GXG2_AS01.JPG

There's a lot of tools and objects that could be used as melee weapons that would give the game a lot of fun variety! Its a shame these tools go unnoticed by pretty much ALL games.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I hear you all now:

"upper! What could a crowbar bring to the game! New weapons aren't needed! There is absolutely no way any suggestion is relevant! RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE!"

Fear not, my fellow killers of floors. This weapon suggestion brings something to the table for the most popular perks!

Spoiler!

The crowbar for the berzerker, the grenade launcher for the demo, and the scoped pistol for the sharpshooter! It would also make for a great medic weapon! All only weighing three blocks, so everyone can still have a diverse loadout!

A mutator is in progress, and I expect it to be whitelisted quickly. Any feedback is appreciated.
Give me a Gordon Freeman skin, and we'll be all set ;D

Upvote 0
I would love to see a wrecking bar in this game instead of a typical old crowbar. :D I guess it would be a lower tier weapon... but still what a fun weapon to use! Be really cool if it had a second function, like using that end to hook an enemy and either hold them down or pull them off a team mate, and sort of throw them out away from the group. That would be INCREDIBLY useful.

Think about this situation. You're low on health and a medic is trying to heal you but a scrake comes over and is about to blow the final hit and kill you, but a melee character hooks it and throw him off you. The medic heals you up while the melee character keeps the scrake busy. THAT is a teamwork ability.

Last edited:
Upvote 0