• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Game won't load...

sai tyrus

Jul 17, 2011
Initially, I changed the video settings to video card from Direct x. Big mistake. Since then, it won't even load. The following message pops up:

Build UT2004_Build_[2004-11-11_10.48]

CPU: GenuineIntel PentiumPro-class processor @ 2668 MHz with 4094MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 275 (7061)

Failed to enter Video:: Failed launching URL

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

I bought my copy through Steam and have completely deleted it and re-installed it. Any ideas/recommendations?

Thanks!

Manually delete the killingfloor.ini file (or killingfloor with a cog on the icon) from your Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system folder, or if you can't find it then delete the whole system directory, and verify the cache in Steam (right-click the game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache).

Upvote 0
Manually delete the killingfloor.ini file (or killingfloor with a cog on the icon) from your Steam\steamapps\common\killingfloor\system folder, or if you can't find it then delete the whole system directory, and verify the cache in Steam (right-click the game -> properties -> local files -> verify integrity of game cache).

I don't know about the other guy, but I was having a problem and this fixed mine. So thanks! :D

Upvote 0