• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Commando stalker requirement

crashmatusow

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 23, 2010
So why the hell was it a cool idea to tack on an additional requirement to commando's level up anyway? i mean he gets (as far as i can tell at level 3) the same damage requirements per level as fire/demo/support etc PLUS the stalker requirement...just wth?

same for support too but at least welding isn't dependent on your teammates being generous (it can also be farmed very easily but that's another story)

Cmon! its not even that hard to kill the stalkers!

Im lvl 5, i have killed 4000 Stalkers and still need 1M to max perk up.

Just play with commando full time and you'll have the kills pretty quick.

It's not hard, it's just annoying and takes forever. With all the other perks, you can simply play the game and your damage/heal/headshot meter will go up. If you don't especially look for stalkers as a commando, your damage meter will go up but you will be far behind with the stalkers.

At the very least, they should have made it a stalker and crawler kill count. Too late for that now.

Upvote 0
yeah just play normally. i am at 4700 stalker kills at 5.2M damage right now. i did get a massive boost to the stalker count though i played ona hoe server that surprised the hell out of me it was all stalkers!!! even the pat was a stalker. i got 1400(1100 as commando rest were berserker) kills that game. it was super fun. i got the stalker requirement prior to that awesome game though. i would like to find that server again but i cant find it.

Upvote 0
I heard someone talking about that server... I wouldn't mind going on it now that i'm level 6 but before hand would have felt cheap I think. I would have felt like i was cheating.

As for the requirement, it's a pain in the clack, but if you keep going with it (playing as a Commando) you'll get quite a bit, and as Beserker you can carry a bullpup instead to help level up (instead of Lever action, or whyatever you normally use) and that's how I got it up, went much quicker after that :rolleyes:

Upvote 0
A lot of level 6 Commandos like to say the Stalker requirement was no problem and it went by easy in an attempt to sound cool. I'm level 6 and I can tell you that it doesn't go by fast and it takes forever. You'll have to play Commando exclusively or carry a Commando weapon off-perk and use it to kill Stalkers. Don't listen to any of the people saying "dude itz so easy bro it just happens!"

I guarantee you everyone who is a level 6 Commando now complained about it until they got level 6.

Upvote 0
Granted it is not the easiest perk to level because of this specific requirement, it is not that bad. Commandos get an advantage anyway by seeing them more easily and as one you should be dealing with crawlers and stalkers first.

As someone else mentioned, you can carry a bullpup offperk like as a zerk or med. They are not too difficult to spot on most maps, in particular if they are moving. They spawn with crawlers so you should be on the look out for one if you see a group of crawlers and if you have your sound up you can hear them.

If you are really that desperate for stalker kills, then there's the stupid doom map in which you can camp a stalker/crawler spawn. At the end of the day though, just enjoy the perk and play it normally - don't obsess about the stalker kills and you will not find it as slow.

Reactions: Dolphin Buff Man
Upvote 0
A lot of level 6 Commandos like to say the Stalker requirement was no problem and it went by easy in an attempt to sound cool. I'm level 6 and I can tell you that it doesn't go by fast and it takes forever. You'll have to play Commando exclusively or carry a Commando weapon off-perk and use it to kill Stalkers. Don't listen to any of the people saying "dude itz so easy bro it just happens!"

I guarantee you everyone who is a level 6 Commando now complained about it until they got level 6.
And you'd be wrong.

I never complained about the stalker kills, I found it fun hunting for them, trying to get the kill shot on them before a team mate could take them out. Small competition like that can help you form faster ways to take out zed, only going for headshots helped me get to level six rather fast which helped me and my friends win many matches. Since I'd always go for head shots that meant that I was tasked to clear paths out of the trash zed so my team could deal with the Skrake/FP since that's what Commando excels at.

I currently have 7,791 Stalker kills and 15.7m damage with Commando and I'm not stopping there.

Upvote 0

Well, maybe not complained.

Each time I've maxed commando, I got the damage requirements first. Playthrough #1, got me about 7.5m damage before 3600 stalkers, next one took around 6.5m.

Second perk to ever get to 6 because I played it so much, loved using the AK as a medic or anything that I could feasibly justify it for. Was well aware of the stalker requirement and doing my best to reach it ingame - I just didn't ask for people to spare stalkers.

Reactions: Spicy
Upvote 0