• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Can we disable head bob?

Status
Not open for further replies.
is this really worth a thread? and if it affects gameplay then I highly bet that you cannot adjust or disable it, because you would be given an advantage over everyone else. And you mentioned "I know its because its supposed to be realistic" well yeah exactly its part of the game try running in real life and see what it looks like.

I am sorry if it comes off as me trolling and im not bashing or making fun of you in any way possible, I just don't understand when people come on the forums and ask for a single game change and then make some remark like "WELL if this isn't changed me and my friend's are not buying the game!"

actually it makes me laugh, do you think we should change and remap what everyone else doesn't have a problem with, just for one person's need's and wants. This will be a partial realism game, and with that being said there will be gameplay with the game that reflects realism?

I just don't understand the complaint is all. Perhaps someone can make a mod and that mod would have "NO HEAD BOB" maybe thats what you can name your mod I don't know.

Good luck man.

Upvote 0
Motion sickness is a psycological state of mind that can be overcome.
Your friend needs to be exposed to this more often and not shelter themself because of the potential effects.

If you get car sick, and you continue to ride in the car regardless of the result, eventually you will overcome the car sickness and maybe even buy your own car one day.

I can't fathom the fact that people let certain things keep them from doing something they like to do in life.

Word of advice. Buy your friend mirrors edge and force him to play it for days on end WITHOUT the reticle dot. He may have seizures and throw up furiously, but he will rid his motion sickness. :D

Upvote 0
is this really worth a thread? and if it affects gameplay then I highly bet that you cannot adjust or disable it, because you would be given an advantage over everyone else. And you mentioned "I know its because its supposed to be realistic" well yeah exactly its part of the game try running in real life and see what it looks like.

I am sorry if it comes off as me trolling and im not bashing or making fun of you in any way possible, I just don't understand when people come on the forums and ask for a single game change and then make some remark like "WELL if this isn't changed me and my friend's are not buying the game!"

actually it makes me laugh, do you think we should change and remap what everyone else doesn't have a problem with, just for one person's need's and wants. This will be a partial realism game, and with that being said there will be gameplay with the game that reflects realism?

I just don't understand the complaint is all. Perhaps someone can make a mod and that mod would have "NO HEAD BOB" maybe thats what you can name your mod I don't know.

Good luck man.

thanks for the condescending rude reply man it really makes newcomers to the forum feel welcome..

Upvote 0

Well actually, your brain compensates for your head movement.
When I run, I dont see my view bobbing up and down at all, it's stable. It's only when you start making more head movement than you should that you get to see stuff like 'viewbobbing'.

So, +1 to OP.
I actually put off the viewbobbing in ArmA 2 too. Well, not entirely, there is a tiny weeny bit of viewbobbing to account for the extra weight on your head, wearing all that equipment and such.

As to some of the other posters in here: seriously? :rolleyes:

Upvote 0

Good luck man.
yeah man, i agree with you. I have seen alot of "change this or i wont buy" threads here, oh well.. :)

Reactions: DiBBs
Upvote 0
Jooce, these guys weren't trying to be an *** to you or your friend it's jsut the game has gone past the line for when features could be added and removed (Saw it in one of Wiliamson's blog things he does in the news and announcments section) they're also right.
Disabling head bob would give players an advantage they would be able to see clearer while moving whereas people who had it enabled would not. Motion sickness is also easily overcome (compared to my fear of flying; that was an expensive fear to get rid of :p)
The simple fact is the whole game can't be changed for one persons needs and as someone stated already the game ships with mod tools so you could always make a mod without head bob and even run a server for all other sufferers, if what Panzer Jager has said is true then you could possibly fill a small server with motion sick people and you could be the hero who made the head bob mod :D

P.S-Although some of my humour may seem trollish i am not trying to, i'm just English we have that effect on people in normal speech.

Upvote 0
i never said i wasnt going to buy the game because this feature isnt implemented. i simply asked if the headbob could be disabled, if not then i guess hes going to have to either not buy the game or buy it and just get over his motion sickness.. it seems i may have offended those of you who have been around this forum awhile.. i apologize. im a big red orchestra fan been playing for a couple of years now on american servers with 400ping getting my *** kicked but i still enjoy the game..(im from new zealand) anyway i guess the answer to my question is "No".

thanks for your guys replys.. for the most part :rolleyes:

Jooce

Upvote 0
There is a difference between 'i dont like feature x so i wont buy the game' and 'i wont buy the game because the viewbobbing makes me violently ill', you know.

You beat me to it.
Hate to see someone with a concern and asking a simple question being trolled against (well yeah, I think he was indeed trolling).

Raise a concern:'No you can't!!!'
Jeez I like you guys...:eek:

+1 for OP

Upvote 0

Nice going there being a prick

What the hell kind of advice is this? You do realize that seizures may cause brain damage.

I believe it was sarcasm and meant as a reply to Panzer Jager '43

You beat me to it.
Hate to see someone with a concern and asking a simple question being trolled against (well yeah, I think he was indeed trolling).

Raise a concern:'No you can't!!!'
Jeez I like you guys...:eek:

+1 for OP

Indeed.

Upvote 0
What the hell kind of advice is this? You do realize that seizures may cause brain damage.

You do realize that motion sickness doesn't induce seizures...
Some people are just so damn touchy. What about the internet do you not understand?

I believe it was sarcasm and meant as a reply to Panzer Jager '43

Thanks for explaining. Not everyone knows how to deal with the internet. :D

Upvote 0
Hey it's fine if some of you think I was being a bit rude or harsh, but im just tired of people saying they won't buy the game unless there is a change.

The game is nearly done as well, so I don't believe any changes will be made.

And personally I find the person who started this thread rude, I just pictured someone crying over the keyboard because the game isn't how they want it.

Upvote 0
Hey it's fine if some of you think I was being a bit rude or harsh, but im just tired of people saying they won't buy the game unless there is a change.

The game is nearly done as well, so I don't believe any changes will be made.

And personally I find the person who started this thread rude, I just pictured someone crying over the keyboard because the game isn't how they want it.

Can you read? Where did i say I wouldn't buy the Game if this feature wasn't implemented? It was a genuine question I apologise if you don't think it was worthy of a thread.. your posts are rude and obnoxious and put a bad image on an otherwise mature and very helpful community.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.