• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Help+blue Screen Of Death

GOODY

Mar 8, 2006
hiall!
one of our members is not able to play this most AWESOME game! he posted what happens and what he's done so far.i'll paste it below.if any of our ROOST bretheren can help.we would appreciate it very much! thanks!
[COF]GOODY

To a pasty white Geek God,

Ok here it goes: When I start Red Orchestra it goes the the inital small startup screen and sometime you might briefly see

a bug report before it goes to the Windows Fatal Exception Error screen heretofor known as the "Blue Screen of Death"c and

restarts. Unpon reboot it it states that windows has recoverd from a serious error and may say this 4 times. I was one able

to save the log from the RO startup bug report and here it is:

Build RedOrchestra_Build_[2005-11-27_10.48]
CPU: AuthenticAMD PentiumPro-class processor @ 2194 MHz with 1023MB RAM
Video: No Video
Can't find 'ini:Engine.Engine.GameEngine' in configuration file
History: UObject::SafeLoadError <- UObject::StaticLoadClass <- InitEngine <- FMallocWindows::Free <- FMallocWindows::Free

Now remeber I have never seen this with any app or game I have and as a matter of fact I cant recall the last time I have

seen the The Blue Screen of Death with Windows XP. So this IS a Steam or RO problem.

Now to save redundant help heres what I have done:

-I do not have Zone Alarm
-I do have a router
-I have reintalled the most current drivers for my high end video card
-I have verifed and checked my DirectX 9c
-I shut off windows firewall as a precaution
-I shut off my virus scanner as a precaution
-I have verifed all the RO files within steam
-I have deleted all the RO files within steam and redownloaded them
-I have uninstalled RO and Steam
-I have deleted all files and folders relating to them
-I have cleaned the registry of any references the Steam, Valve, Half-Life, RO tec...
-I have reinstalled a fresh copy of steam
-I have redownloaded RO and verified

You can run WINXP firewall with no worries. One of my friends found that Nortons antivirus was the problem with RO crashing. Turning it off is not enough you need to unistall antivirus to check. Create a restore point then uninstall your antivirus then see if the game will run. If so you can use Kerio Firewall and AVG antivirus as your security until patched, both are free. All my RO issues and my friends problems related to security issues from either firewall or antivirus. You must uninstall to trouble shoot. Turning them off is not good enough.

Keep at it, even though this game has many bugs it is well worth the effort.

Upvote 0