• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

[Error] Keyboard error

Panzergrim

May 31, 2011
Canada
Hello this just happened today, I was able to play the game before fine, maxed settings didn't have a problem. Although today when I joined the server i useally play on I ran to the front lines and proned behind a wall to find myself continue crawling even though my finger was off w. I hit w acouple times it see if it stuck but nothing was happening. Also when I hit a it leans me left and when I hit q it doesn't do anthing. I hit t to type and when I hit w it came up as a z and when I hit q it came up as x. when I hit v to talk instead of having the 1 2 3 4 beside each voice command it had & and e with an accent and other funky symbols. I went to controls and everything was fine. I left the server and went another one and the problem was still there so I exited RO and rebooted it. I joined a different server and the problem didn't show up until I sprinted forward to dolphin dive behind sandbags and then the problem happened again. If it helps any I was checking out shortcuts and one of them was to shrink all programs (windows button + m) and I tryed it on RO. Thanks in advance, please help!
Sorry for the long post.

Last edited:
Hi I just created an account just for you because it took me ages to find the solution to this problem so I thought I would save you the trouble ;)

Basically when you press Alt + Shift it changes the language of your keyboard mixing up all the key bindings and stuff.

So what you have to do is go to Regional and Languages Options in your Control panel and go to languages -> details -> key settings and change the key sequence for switch between input languages or you can just disable it and that should fix the problem.

I dont know if this was on a FAQ or something somewhere but I couldnt find it either :p

Enjoy!

Upvote 0