• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Idea for a lv. 7 perks

Necro-71

Grizzled Veteran
Dec 14, 2010
Ok, so first of all i'm sorry for my bad english, hope people who will waste some of their precious lifes to read this will forgive me.

So to the point: dont know if somebody alredy had idea like that but i will say whats on my mind.
For start lv.7 perks should have very high requirements - like 3x dmg, heal, headshoots etc u need to gain all lvls till 6 (medic 100k heal for lv 6 and need like 300k for lv.7, SS on lvl6 need 8,5k headshoots so for lv7 it would be 25k etc.). Something like that will push players to exp their perks rly long to gain lv7.

Another thing is that on lv 7 there would be not add's to present stats but something like Special Abilities for use only to designed for that perk, each one will be unique and each will boost up class that player who gained on lv7.

I had some spare time today in work and was thinking what kind of skills would make each class unique on lv7. So those are something like Beta ideas, dont know if any of it is even possible to implement into game but hell, lets try it. Idea is to make game more fun, without boosting perks to much, so:

Commando - there was alredy suggestion to add penetrating bullets for commando, it could be exclusive only for him. Bullets would penetrate first target and stuck in 2nd. obvious is that first shoot does 100% dmg to 1st target, 2nd could be hitted for 25% from bullpup, 50% from AK47 and 75% of dmg from SCAR. It would make Commando even better when it comes to crowd control, wih trash eliminating. Good thing would be that players would have to watch out to not rage bigger mobs with 2nd hit - we dont wanna be wiped, do we? ;d

Berserker - its easy, Z.E.D. time no more concerns you. While Z.E.D.s and other perks are in slow-mo, zerker keep moving in normal no-slow-mo time. on 4xextended combo zerker on normal speed can do rly much, he can rly kick FP's *** hard, he can finish up a scrake or just get rid of lots of trash.

Sharp Shooter - dont have anything special for sharps, mby something like "Eagle Eye" something that allows SS to duble zoom from pistols, L.A.R., ebr and Xbow. Or mby explosive bolts for xbow exclusive for Sharpie only, he would be able to carry max 1-3 bolts like that,with the price of for example 350/each. Bolt would explode with the power of pipe bomb wherever it hits (mob, ground or wall).

Medic - I think this is somthing lots of people waiting for. On lvl 7 Medic would have no 100 heal points like every other class but 150... and that would allow him to use defibrillator which would be resurecting other players. But defibrillator could be used only once per round it would cost like 1000 punds with 1st charge and something like 500 for new battery every new round. Ressurecting of the player would cost a battery and 150 healing points it would made defibrillator exclusive for medic thanks to expended statistic on lvl 7. weight would be 1 or 2 blocks. If not defibrillator it could be "adrenaline shot", same price, same amount of healing points needed to do that (its medic damn, he must have those extra 50 points to aim needle into laying on ground player's heart :p)

Support - Nothing special in my mind yet but hell i got one idea... Every 2hp less on support would make him do 1% of dmg more from shooties. It would need good team work to keep support alive for the rest of the team on lowered HP for example player with 20hp left would make 100% of basic dmg + 40% additional thanks to hes class exclusive lv7 skill. If not dmg it could be more bullets comming out from the barrel.

Firebug - there are two ideas for that:
1. on lv.7 firebug becomes human torch - he burns everything in some radious (fiew meters radious) dmg wouldnt be rly heavy but trash mobs like clots, stalkers, crawlers or gorefists would burn for some medium dmg.
2. Lv7 firebug invents a blue flames to hes flame thrower, **** is really hot and makes things even more cryspe than it was till now. it makes additional 25-40% dmg, flames are blue and it's prettier to watch Z.E.D.s burnig now. Also Thx to new recepture tanks with fuel lasts 15% longer.

Demo - Nothuing special yet, but i was thinking about something that would be helpfull. So for now i got only one thing. When Demo-man dies he wanna leave some mark behing him on the earth. He dies with "Big Boom!" detonates hes vest custom made in basement garage where he works. It would be pain in the *** on friendly fire servers when demo detonates and everybody dies but hell, why he went so far ? and where was rest of the team? ;d

Ok right now thats my ideas for making the game more fun.
Thx to everybody who readed that. Once again im saying that i dont know if any things from list above is possible to add by devs, its only my constructive invention, many things cames to your mind when u dont have nothing to do in work ;]

Reactions: HaTeMe and Sammers
I don't have time to read the entire post and comment on all of it right now, but I must reply to this:

Berserker - its easy, Z.E.D. time no more concerns you. While Z.E.D.s and other perks are in slow-mo, zerker keep moving in normal no-slow-mo time. on 4xextended combo zerker on normal speed can do rly much, he can rly kick FP's *** hard, he can finish up a scrake or just get rid of lots of trash.

This would be difficult to implement. At the moment all ZED time does is change a 'game speed' variable which affects the speed of every element of the game, yet for what you want you'd have to have it affect everything but specific players and their inventory items. It'd be cool if it could be done though.

Upvote 0
Interesting ideas. However as Benjamin stated, the Zed time idea would not be as easy to implement. But honestly it would be badass if it was done.

For the support, His shotguns pretty much murder everything as it is even at medium range. Maybe make his damage go up as he loses health but at the cost of a larger spread. It would keep his power in check while keeping his purpose as a powerful close range fighter.

Commando Idea is doable. Less damage on the second target is good so the perk wont be too over powered.

For firebug here is an idea: Give him a higher tier ammo bonus while also giving him a fire mode for his flame thrower. Maybe an adjustment for his fuel tank mixture to make it burn hotter/shoot faster at the cost of ammo.

Reading SS: Maybe Xbow could be turned into a multi perk weapon. SS gets the standard high damage headshot/pentration version. Firebug could get flaming arrows. Demo could get explosive arrows. The latter two would have less headshot damage/no penetration due to their specialized use.
Also maybe SS could gain a some sort of small bonus for taking out targets at longer range. Be it extra damage, extra cash bounty, lower FP rage timer, stun chance etc.

Demo: Perhaps he could get a suicide bomb weapon like WTF mod. Then he would have to choice to blow up or not(Trolls would blow up team either way but this would prevent true accidents).

It might be an idea to make a mod out of this to test it out and play around with it. Maybe it might give TWI some ideas if you're lucky.

Last edited:
Upvote 0