• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

New Perk+ Weapons Idea.

KingOfAllPugs

FNG / Fresh Meat
Jun 4, 2011
Okay, i have had this idea on my mind for a long time. so ill just type my idea here :D

Name: Heavy, Carrier, anything that suits the perks.

50% more damage with LMGs
-15% reload time with LMGs
25% discount on LMGs
Can hear specimens from 30m
5% faster while carrying LMGs

Weapons
RPK- A hybrid between an assualt rifle and a LMG.
M60- Classic LMG action
M61 Vulcan-Gatling Gun for pure specimen carnage.

Waddaya guys think?

...M61 Vulcan-Gatling Gun for pure specimen carnage.

Wait, you mean the M61 20mm? I can hear her already. "You're off your rocker! How you think you're gonna carry THAT one?"

Your "Carrier" dude would need to be remarkably beefy indeed to drag not only the gun, but all the other associated components for that around. I couldn't guess what all that would weigh, but I'm pretty sure 100 rounds of 20mm ammunition, (a one second burst for that bad agent) weighs about 60 pounds. (27.2 kg.)

How about a nice 106mm recoilless rifle, instead?

Upvote 0
Okay, i have had this idea on my mind for a long time. so ill just type my idea here :D

Name: Heavy, Carrier, anything that suits the perks.

50% more damage with LMGs
-15% reload time with LMGs
25% discount on LMGs
Can hear specimens from 30m
5% faster while carrying LMGs

Weapons
RPK- A hybrid between an assualt rifle and a LMG.
M60- Classic LMG action
M61 Vulcan-Gatling Gun for pure specimen carnage.

Waddaya guys think?

pic-017-ca-rpk-w-drum-A.jpg

We've already got the AK47, we don't need the LMG version of it in KF.

m60.jpg

A fully-automatic 7.62x51mm NATO GPMG. So, basically a fully-automatic SCAR or M14 with 100+ rounds per box magazine.

m61pod.jpg

A 20mm gatling gun, usually mounted on helicopters and aeroplanes.

This one is the best balanced of the three, i recommend TWI gets to work on this right away!

spray_trollface_copy.png

Upvote 0
nice idea

nice idea

heavy or carrier finally some usefull class/perk ideas
i think it would be good if carrier or heavy could give ammo to teammates
like hes packing 5 ammo boxes.
and he would have handcannon(deagle) at the start
and new weapon too light machine guns etc.m60,RPK
but i dont think the gatling gun would be usefull,i mean it would be DOMINATING!!the battles and there would be not enough resistance change to specimens

Upvote 0
The problem you have here, and its the same with every single Heavy Gunner class that people suggest, is balance vs. believability.

LMG's rip hordes apart, that is what they are designed to do. They hold an emplacement and cut anything that tries to apprach to ribbons. In a scenario like Killing Floor you basically have yourself a specimen death machine.

Why is that a problem? Cause the enjoyment of KF is the challenge. If you can effortlessly mow down line after line of specimens you kill the game. The alternative is putting significant handicaps on the LMG perk to compensate... but in so doing you have to make the LMG quite weak and awkward to use, almost to the point you make it rather unbelievable.

Gibby has put forward probably the best thought out suggestion for an LMG, and it was the only one that was good enough to consider adding to the game. However as good as that suggestion was, it still raised a fair few eyebrows around the community.

So sorry champ, if you want LMG's you're gonna have to put in a HELL of alot more thought into how they will work in the game.

Reactions: Rainydaykid
Upvote 0
I thought what the game needs right now is maybe more voices and models (another DLC anyone?) and maybe a map or two but not a useless perk or another specimen.

You take that back, lol. Most recent updates have consisted of new skins - which dont really make the game any more interesting - and "new" maps which are usually community made meaning most of us have already been playing those maps before they became offical - so again nothing new there. Of course getting these updates is always fun but after youve spent about 500 hours on the game you start hoping for something more dramatic LIKE a new specimen or even a new perk.

However adding new perks might cause balancing issues as well as adding new guns so have to be careful with those. Specimens instead WONT cause any balance issues other than possibly making the game harder which is not rly an issue at all. So I dont rly see any reason why NOT to add new specimens (except ofc for the obvious time/money but it cant be that hard). Or one refreshing thing to do would be adding new skins for the specimens and have them vary a little.

This idea sucks.

LOL - well, have to agree on that one. Guess he didnt really think through the idea.

Upvote 0
Just a thought, a perk based around L/MMGs could work...

In its own mutator-based game type! :D

Imagine all you can access is Commando/Gunner guns and they're all fully-automatic.

You can access about 10-15 different L/MMGs and battle/assault rifles, but the downside to this is that there's a f*cktonne of FPs, Scrakes, and all the specimens have HoE-level stats on Beginner difficulty.

So HoE proper would have specs with stats about 4-5 levels up from normal.

So in that mutator, these machine guns aren't overpowered at all! :)

That's my 2 bob to balance these beastly beasts.

Upvote 0
Splatter-Fighter

Splatter-Fighter

Here's another very cool idea of a new perk and some weapons for Killing Floor:

The Splatter-Fighter, a really crazy and insane guy with martial arts-experience, waiting for goddamn zombies and BLOOD. Like the welding-tool or healing-gun, he has energy too. He can use that for powerpunchs- and kicks or for sprinting into a horde of zombies, knocking them back. By using the full energy in 1 kick or punch, he can stun the Scrake or Flesh Pound for some seconds.

This is the stuff he can wear:

He starts with ordinary fists, covered with bandage. At the shop you can buy "Red Boxing Gloves", which you know from Klitschko boxing :) Then you can buy leather gloves and shoes, which are adorned with rusty nails, which of course raises the damage. The last weapon you can purchase are "gloves" which have chain-link fences on it, HANGING (!), and the hand is f*cking bleeding.

Except of the ordinary kevlar, he can buy a viking-cloak, which has 2 animal-skulls on its shoulders. It has 120 defense points, cause he's always in melee attacking. The last kevlar is a cavalier-kevlar which has 150 defense points or something in that direction. I think this is pretty much the idea and it would be so funny if there'll be that perk, somewhen. :cool: What do you think?

Upvote 0