• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Looting and Inventory system

RedBullet

FNG / Fresh Meat
Apr 29, 2011
hey guyz, just registerd here because i want to discuss a subject thats has allways botherd me in RO

Picking up weapons and ammo

Right now, when you find a weapon from a dead soldier, you have to pick up the weapon AND the ammo pouch. Isn't it a bit off that ammo packs flys off when some1 is killed? Those where supposed to be strapped to the guy's body.

Picking up ammo is especialy annoying. First, when you drop your gun, YOUR ammo pouch automatcaly drops as well, witch can be frustating cuz you have to always dubble-check if its the right ammo, and its DOWN RIGHT IMPOSSIBLE to pick up anything if a lot of items are closely 2gether.

A STALKER-like looting would be perfect, you "use" a dead body, a menu shows up with the dead guys goddies fou u to pick.

OR, to save SV pollycount, after some time, the solders body could be removed and some other prop in its place(like just the helmet)

There will be a pickup menu where you can choose the weapon you want to pick from the ground if there are more weapons in the same place. The game will feature something similar to an inventory sytem as well, that has an influence over your speed according to the amount of weight you're carrying, but we've had no further details about these features yet.

Upvote 0
This is what we saw in the last gameplay.

Capture.png

edit: fixed

Last edited:
Reactions: S/Sgt. Raider
Upvote 0
Hmm do you get the ammo for the gun you pick up automatically, or do you have to select that too from the list?

Its not on the list so I guess it just comes with the gun, one thing that i notice is its says "pick up all" i guess that would then dump your gun. What if you have 2 and then try and take one? will it give you the choice which it swaps with.

Also if you only have one and choose to pick one up will it be added as a second gun or let you swap for the one you currently have one.

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Its not on the list so I guess it just comes with the gun, one thing that i notice is its says "pick up all" i guess that would then dump your gun. What if you have 2 and then try and take one? will it give you the choice which it swaps with.

Also if you only have one and choose to pick one up will it be added as a second gun or let you swap for the one you currently have one.

I either read or listened to Wilson or Ramm talk up picking up equipment. They mentioned that the player will not be limited to carrying an x amount of encumbrance, but can carry however much he wants. As they said, the player can choose, if he wants, to be a mule carrying a whole bunch of ****. There is, however, penalties applied. The more the player carries beyond the "normal" standard a soldier would have, they will move proportionally slower.

Basically, you can carry all the weapons you want, but you'll move really really slowly, thus making that a really impractical method.

Upvote 0