• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Easy Weapon Spawn Fix

I see this as an easy way of ending the "spawning with xbow to sell immediatley", which people often use to get around the low opening dosh and buy big guns fast. Now if we want bug guns faster, we should figure out a way of integrating that officially in, instead of using the equivalent of an exploit.

Okay, I'll wrench myself off ranting, here's my fix:

Make the SS discount apply to the Bow....which would make the sell-price reduction apply as well.

Now this is no new idea, I just wanted to make a thread for it officially.

Also, and additional bonus to the idea:
Newer, non-lvl6 SS often have difficulty acquiring xbows, which are quite expensive if you don't spawn with them. Also, people who want to switch to SS Xbowers on HoE and suicidal often are forced to suicide to be able to acquire a bow. With a discount, no more of that either; you can just trot over to the shop and buy a discounted bow! Easy as pie!

Thoughts?

I agreed, been suggesting this myself too :)
Maybe increase the baseprice to 1000 too, meaning it costs 300 with the full discount? Not exactly necessary, but just a thought :)

that would actually be perfect to match, actually :D

I think this whole thing is much, much better than a general decrease or any other kind of cost manipulation; it fixes everyone's problems, really

Upvote 0
Great idea! A couple of weeks ago I had suggested to completely remove sell prices of initial weapons. I still think that suggestion would make game economics much better, but it requires a lot of balancing work. Applying discount on xbow can be done fast and easy, and should fix main economical exploit.

Upvote 0
Great idea! A couple of weeks ago I had suggested to completely remove sell prices of initial weapons. I still think that suggestion would make game economics much better, but it requires a lot of balancing work. Applying discount on xbow can be done fast and easy, and should fix main economical exploit.

your idea involved unbalancing most of the game, completely unnecessary, while this works nicely, doesn't make the weapon too costly, yet still cheap with the discount.

Upvote 0
his idea is his idea, if you want to discuss it, please go to his thread.

I am sorry to be like that, but I would really prefer not to have thread hijacking like that =S

And yes, this is a quick fix that should be implemented soon. (I also believe that my other idea on whitelist stuff would be a fast and positive feature for a new update, but I'm getting off track here)

Upvote 0
his idea is his idea, if you want to discuss it, please go to his thread.

I am sorry to be like that, but I would really prefer not to have thread hijacking like that =S

And yes, this is a quick fix that should be implemented soon. (I also believe that my other idea on whitelist stuff would be a fast and positive feature for a new update, but I'm getting off track here)

actually, what i said was relevant to this post as well, i was meerely saying that this is a much more effective fix and is much simpler, which is why it should be implemented. sorry if you don't like comparisons, even when they are relevant.

Upvote 0
actually, what i said was relevant to this post as well, i was meerely saying that this is a much more effective fix and is much simpler, which is why it should be implemented. sorry if you don't like comparisons, even when they are relevant.

oh, sorry, I suppose you are right. I just have always been suscpicious about this sort of thing, ever since I made a simple thread about firebug survival and had it hijacked to a near flame-war/mass-wall-o-text-thread (and then was scolded for trying to bring it back).

However, for the record, if ever I do something like this, all you have to do is just do what JackL has done here and explain it calmly. Sorry for the mixup though :p

Upvote 0
so then i just have to drop the bow switch perk then sell to get around that?

also while i dont like the gun some people prefer the m14 over the bow so they basicly trade it for the m14 that would ruin this.

and the xbow is only 800 thats not alot. Even for a class that would use that as an Off weapon on Hoe thats not that bad of a price. Now the ammo for it is the realy $$$$ part. But i dont see how ANYONE has problems getting an Xbow by wave 3-4 assuming they are at least getting a few kills per wave and not being useless.

and if you want to switch perk in the middle of a HoE game and you didnt plan ahead then you SHOULD be punished for it even if its as minor as suiciding in the middle of trader time.

this is honestly the first time i have ever seen anyone complaining about this.

the ONLY thing that annoys me is when people suicide to get 2 bows to drop and sell thats it. but ive seen other perks do that as well

Upvote 0
For now you have NO REASON to NOT SPAWN AS SS before wave 1. Because after wave 1 you can sell the bow and get ANY perk's spawn weapon and still have several hundred left. That's the problem.

Spawn with $600? you must be kidding...

eh well whatever i dont see it as huge deal because whats the need of a bigger weapon before level 5 anyways?

Upvote 0
so then i just have to drop the bow switch perk then sell to get around that?

also while i dont like the gun some people prefer the m14 over the bow so they basicly trade it for the m14 that would ruin this.

and the xbow is only 800 thats not alot. Even for a class that would use that as an Off weapon on Hoe thats not that bad of a price. Now the ammo for it is the realy $$$$ part. But i dont see how ANYONE has problems getting an Xbow by wave 3-4 assuming they are at least getting a few kills per wave and not being useless.

and if you want to switch perk in the middle of a HoE game and you didnt plan ahead then you SHOULD be punished for it even if its as minor as suiciding in the middle of trader time.

this is honestly the first time i have ever seen anyone complaining about this.

the ONLY thing that annoys me is when people suicide to get 2 bows to drop and sell thats it. but ive seen other perks do that as well

No offense, but you just totally ignored all the mechanics in place that apply to all other weapons. Try spawning with a spawn weapon with a discount, then switching....noticing that the price hasnt skyrocketed? That's because they already fixed this to prevent that happening.

Also, why punish people who want to switch to SS? Games changes can be unforseeable, and sometimes people want to be able to, you know, switch perks as part of a strategy. Why should the SS be singled out and punished like that? It makes no sense, and damages an already fragile perk.

Its as if there are unspoken rules that apply to SS alone for absolutely no reason. Why not make a simple change that will help the perk take advantage of an existing system, while also helping out those players who find spawn-abusing as blasphemy (as stated, if the game needs more money on higher difficulties, then we shouldn't have to resort to exploits to fix that- you should argue that seperately)

Not sure about that price increase to

Reactions: Entangler and Aze
Upvote 0
If I'm not mistaken, the problem is that currently people will spawn with the most valuable weapon and then switch to the perk that they want (due to a bug that lets you select your perk twice in the start of the game). Will simply making the crossbow worth less solve this? I'd much rather see all start weapons have a fixed sell price personally.

Upvote 0