• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Coming Soon :: The Shiver

Hemi

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 30, 2010
http://www.mostimpressive.nl/TheShiver/

Were releasing a few new models with mutators soon...like the maul and updated Brute. This one will also join the bloodshed.

Its a new clot based specimen, so expect allot of them. :)

shiver.png

No date on when were releasing though... so be patient please. :)

So what's this things special attribute? we have the grab of the clots, the jump of the crawler, the arm block and throw of the brute, so whats this have? I didn't see anything on the website. Looks creepy tho - keep up the good work :)

not much. It does a little more damage comparred to the clot because of the nails, other then that its a specimen that gives a bit more variation on the killingfloor. Always a nice thing eh?

Reactions: HalfDemon
Upvote 0
So this one adds less of a strategy and more of a visual variety? Fine by me, i keep telling myself to take a look at re-texturing the clots, i really dislike the stark white bodies. I disliked the xmas zeds, they weren't very scary, but they were so well done and well textured - makes me wish the stock zeds could get re-done with hi-res textures.

Anyway, looks good. sorry for the rant.
PS. Maybe this guy could work like a low health gorefast - clot health but instead of a grab it jumps the last few feet and attacks, like the GF dashes up. Like the clot, it'd be easy to kill one or two, but a pack would need some serious strategical thought. It'd also add some difficulty for early wave zerkers.

Upvote 0
i hope hes gonna run very fast something like the gorefast maybe more.
but if that happens i hope he will have small amount of life like the clot though... and that he takes high damage:)
great job anyway cause i love the texture and details and the graphics,
its pretty good! keep up the good work Hemi. im looking forward to it m8:)

add me on xbox360:) my name is:
D3adWillaX, if that doesn't work try this ---> D3ad WillaX

-Trexlet6

Upvote 0
Anyone wanna make bets on how long the russian fellow will take to realise that no-one (except maybe for a few) can understand what he's typing? :p

You would have enjoyed at least Google, if you do not understand our language is RUSSIAN! I like not quite understand English and I did not seem to interfere with it!

P.S. And it would be better studied Russian language:)

Last edited:
Reactions: slavek and Spicy
Upvote 0
Dont worry about the Maul. Its beeing perfected as we speak. The Maul isnt just another specimen or mini-boss. The entire code has been redone by Benjamin and its something else... Its fresh and will revive some of the gameplay and add some new stuff. All I can say is that you will be pleasantly surprised.

As for The Shiver. Just expect some new animations and speed changes, nothing special. Just simple and fun.

Upvote 0
Винни;717754 said:
You would have enjoyed at least Google, if you do not understand our language is RUSSIAN! I like not quite understand English and I did not seem to interfere with it!

P.S. And it would be better studied Russian language:)

I would have used google translate, but I do not trust it at all. :(

I may end up learning a new language though, and I have yet to decide what it will be...! :cool:

Upvote 0
@ Ivan - Danke, ich habe viel gelearnt, aber, ich kann nich halb das erinnern. (and im pretty sure i messed some spelling up, and missed some stuff in the second half :p )
Next on my list of languages is Japanese, since it'll help in my game design career, but after... who knows, Maybe russian. My uncle speaks it fluently, i could learn a bunch from him :)

Upvote 0