• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Redesigning the "Gunslinger" idea

Aze

Grizzled Veteran
Mar 19, 2010
Yo forumites. I THINK all of you guys know about the Gunslinger already :) It's a perk which has been suggested utilizing (dualwielded) pistols, which had LOTS of responses, but now it's just a big mess of arguements back and forth.

The idea of THIS thread is to redesign it a little and flesh it out more, not about arguing wether it should be implemented or not (If you don't like the perk, this is not the thread to say you don't want it, it's a discussion about HOW it could work)
The redesign is made for multiple reasons:
1) To make it more than just another "damage perk", but if it remains purely a damaging perk, to do it as uniquely as possible.
2) To make it fit more with Killing Floor (Gunslinger sounds too... American/Wild Western)
3) To make it as fun, balanced and cooperative as possible.

I already have a quite few ideas about the perk, like the weaponry, the name, the bonuses and stuff like that. I still need lots of ideas and suggestions how to improve the perk though, and i hope my ideas can inspire you and vice versa :)
Let's get to the point:

A) The name & the powers
Let's start with the name of the perk and the bonuses, since they go pretty much hand in hand.
Some alternate names i had in mind would be stuff like: Agent (Think James Bond, quite english and fitting no? :cool:), Assassin, Hitman and stuff like that (more name-ideas appreciated!). And those names immediately gives me ideas to new unique perk powers (on top of pistol based perk powers) like:
* Less likely to get the attention/aggro of the enemies
* Deal more damage to enemies in the back (even with ranged weapon, and ANY weapon!)
* Intel and information (as Agent at least), giving me the idea of showing numbers for example when you shoot (damage numbers), showing if you get money from the kill etc. Kinda like a twist on the Commando healthbar thingy.

On top of that, the previous thread also had lots of ideas, like making it a versatile teamhelping perk, a "run n gun" perk, a coolminded perk etc

So, with all that in mind, let me show a list of perk bonuses you can get: (shows the bonuses at level 6)
* 70% pistol discount - Very basic perk bonus
* 60% pistol damage bonus - A general basic perk bonus
* 50% pistol reload speed bonus - Another basic perk bonus
* 50% pistol draw speed bonus - You draw and sheathe your pistols faster than your other weapons. Based more on the Gunslinger though.
* 40% general recoil bonus - A new general bonus. As you have very steady hands and a "cold" focus (Agent/Assassin), and you are used to dualwielding pistols (which is some of the most difficult recoil you can handle IRL), you thus have less recoil with ALL weapons
* 15% general backattack bonus damage - ALL weapons deal more damage when you shoot/attack them in the back!
* 50% less aggro - Your attacks cause 50% less aggro, aka, you are less likely to be the target of your enemies if you and another perk are fighting them, which synergizes with your backattack bonus ^^
* Run and Gun bonus - You sway less left and right with your weapons when you move (thus easier to aim), your ironsighted speedpenalty is noticeably lower, and also have the reduced weaponsway when ironsighted ofc. Only for pistols i guess?
* ZED time reaction - When ZED time triggers, some of your bonuses increases, such as: Double recoil bonus, higher pistol reload bonus, your semiautomatic pistols turn fully automatic during ZED time, maybe even lasting after the ZED time stops, but only til you go click with your current magazine. Perhaps also a slightly faster movement speed for the ZED duration. This bonus synergizes well with Berserkers and Commandos, who can extend the ZED time duration! It also synergizes with dualwielding pistols, as you then will fire very fast and have bigger magazines to utilize during the ZED time :cool:
* Intel bonus - You get lots of information, for example: When you deal damage, a number pops up above their head displaying how much damage you dealt, when you damage/kill enemies you see whenever you gain money etc. Could get improved further ofc. (EDIT: This idea is basicly scrapped and instead (other) intelbonuses belong to the Tracer Pistol)
* Blur-vision resistance - Your screen gets a lot less shaky and a lot less messed up from attacks that blur, for example: The Husk's fire, the siren's scream, bloat's bile etc. Note: You would still see a bit of the blur-effect on the outlines of your screen so you at least have an idea what is attacking you, as your damage taken from these attacks are not reduced.
*100% Tracer Pistol efficiency boost - Increases the benefits of the Tracer Pistols effects (talked about further down) all the way up to double the effect at level 6, including: Double the duration, half the recharge time required on its overload charge, double the damagebooster and double the slowing effect (The damage done by the DoT and Overload effect is increased by the 60% pistol damage boost though)

(My 9 picks would be: Pistol Discount, Pistol Damage, Pistol Reload, General Recoil, Backattack bonus, Run n Gun, ZED reaction, Vision blur resistance & Tracer efficiency)

As you can see, there is LOTS of stuff you can add to this (or any other) new perk, at least as a new style for a damaging perk :)

EDIT: Forgot the levelling requirements. Here is an idea:
Level requirement 1 = Pistol damage done
Level requirement 2 = Bonus damage done/provided - Meaning these 3 things will level this requirement:
1) Shoot a tracer dart at a target and shoot at it yourself
2) Shoot a tracer dart at a target and someone else shoots it
3) You attack an enemy in the back while playing the Agent (Since the perk has a backattack bonus!)

B) The weaponry
Well, this perk is obviously about pistols, but the specific weapons have to be talked about anyhow. For now, the game currently only has 2 different pistols; the 9mm and Handcannon, both of them dualwieldable. Some sweet mods have been made though, most noticeable the H&K MK23 (also dualwieldable!) made by JackCarver and his friends. Here is a quick list of example weapons that could be used:

Tier 0 - 9mm (dualwieldable)
Tier 1 - MK23 (dualwieldable)
Tier 2 - Handcannon (dualwieldable)
Tier 2/3 - Autopistols (dualwieldable, any kind of fullautomatic pistols, maybe even steal the Mac10's over to this perk and grant the Firebug a different Incendiary SMG?)
Tier 3 - Revolver (some strong, NON-dualwieldable revolver, maybe scoped?) (Weight: 5)

Weapons you could spawn with could be a single MK23 at level 5 and a single Handcannon at level 6, or around those lines at least.

There are more ideas how to improve dualwielding. One idea is what i had in this thread i made a while ago: http://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/showthread.php?t=49103 but to explain it shortly here:
Make dual pistols of any kind weigh twice as much as single ones but also give twice the amount of ammo! The short list of the weapons rebalanced number would be:
9mm (Single) = 150 ammo, weight 0
9mm (Dual) = 300 ammo, weight 2
HC (Single) = 80 ammo, weight 4
HC (Dual) = 160 ammo, weight 7 (yes, not exactly double weight, but that's the good part ;))
(Changed from the 9mm's current weight 0/4 and 240 ammo, and the Handcannons weight 4 and 96 ammo, regardless of single or dual)

And to add the MK23 (each mag has 12 bullets) and Autopistols (each mag has 25 bullets):
MK23 (Single) = 120 ammo, weight 3
MK23 (Dual) = 240 ammo, weight 6
Autopistol (Single) = 250 ammo, weight 4
Autopistol (Dual) = 500 ammo, weight 7 (same weight-benefit as with Dual HCs! :))

EDIT: (Thanks for reminding me Nanostrike!)
Another thing to possibly improve dualwielding is with laser sights! The second pistol (or both?) you carry when dualwielding could have a lasersight attached to it to improve your aiming. It could also be this perk's bonus at level 3 or something (similar to the grenade-morph bonus for the Firebug), and could also include the lasersight on the Revolver and Tracer pistol perhaps?

There are tons of different pistols in the world and more ideas could be added ofc, with all kinds of different bonuses. For example, you could have (spoken of in A LOT of threads recently) some kind of tracer. EDIT: There has been a lot of discussion and LOTS of great ideas what it should do and here is how i would implement it:

Tracer Pistol
Weight: 2
Cost: Moderate (cheap for the Agent)
Tier: Special
Ammo: Holds 1 dart per "mag", has a total of 10-ish extra darts, plus has a charge-meter (similar to Syringe etc) for its secondary fire effect.
Damage: Weak/moderate electrical DoT + decently powerful overload aoe-lightning effect (A la Javelin Gun in Dead Space 2)
What it does:
Primary fire shoots a tracer dart which attaches it self to a target or surface (preferably a target ^^), which causes it to do a number of good things for you and your teammates:
* It shocks the target with a weakish electrical shock DoT over its duration (Lasts 7-ish secs unperked up to 14 secs @ lvl 6 Agent)
* It slows down the target by 10% (up to 20% at level 6. Note: Fire also slows targets down by 20% already)
* It makes the target more visible somehow (Glow-aura a la Left 4 Dead?)
* It eminates a distinct beeping noise, thus you also hear if the target gets closer / runs away
* It gives a small damage boost to all attacks towards that target (3% unperked, up to 6% perked)
* Max one dart can be out per person. Shooting a second dart destroys your previous one. So, there can max be 6 darts out, and that is only if all 6 players each have a tracer pistol. (Reduces spammability of them)
* All team-mates attacking sees a purple bar above the target, which is an indicator of the specimens special powers. Here is what it lists:
Clot - Shows a full purple bar when it is grabbing a person. No bar if not grabbing anyone
Gorefast - Shows a purple bar displaying how close it is to start charging (the bar changes depending on distance)
Bloat - Shows the distance of it's puking range (Full bar = it will now puke at someone)
Stalker - Shows how long its attack duration will last (in other words, how long it will remain unstealthed)
Crawler - Shows the bar like a timer until its next leap
Husk - Shows the bar like a timer until its next shot
Siren - Shows the bar like a timer until the next scream
Scrake - Shows how close it is to rage (Gives an indirect health-display that way)
Fleshpound - Shows how close it is to rage (A mix of the 2-sec rule and LoS-timer?)
Patriarch - Unsure what it could display... Amount of syringes used (full bar, all are used), when he is about to attack etc. Give ideas please!

Secondary fire overloads the dart, wether its on a target or a surface, to do a couple of things:
* It shoots decently powerful electrical damage to all nearby enemies over a short period of time (3-ish secs max). If the dart is attached to an enemy, that enemy suffers more damage. After the overload is done, the tracer dart is completely destroyed.
* All enemies hit by this lightning also gets the damage bonus effect (The 3-6% thing) for the short duration, making this electrical aoe useful if timed well together with a Support or Demolitions-player!
* All enemies hit by this lightning get slowed (same as the primary fire's slow)
* All intel bonuses: Glow, beep and special power-bar are all removed instantly and is NOT shared or displayed at all (This is the drawback of the power since you are destroying the dart in the process)
* This secondary overload attack requires 100 energy (full energy) to be used, and it uses all 100 at once, and the recharge has a long reload (half as long at level 6 Agent though), so use wisely!

Further note:
The tracer does not reload the dart immediately, but has to be reloaded manually (by firing with primary fire again when empty or manual reload, doesn't matter) so you can use the secondary fire quickly if need be.

How does this all look? And please post more ideas! :D
EDIT: Keep the ideas coming! This is looking like it's getting somewhere now!

Last edited:
Oh not this again.
Let me guess, you just read "Gunslinger" and downrated immediately? Did you read it at all?

Sorry, but you lost my respect when you mentioned dual wielding automatic weapons.

A big 'no' from me.
Dude, the autopistols were just one of many ideas. Nothing "set in stone" at all. From the original idea, some people liked the autopistols and some people liked the revolver, so i was trying to be diplomatic and added BOTH.
And are you seriously spitting on the whole thing just cuz of THAT? It's not exactly fun to get all trampled on when i am giving a serious effort to really flesh this potential perk out.
Plus you really couldn't find a more polite way of stating your opinion?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Dude, the autopistols were just one of many ideas. Nothing "set in stone". From the original idea, some people liked the autopistols and some people liked the revolver, so i was trying to diplomatic and added BOTH.
And are you seriously spitting on the whole thing just cuz of THAT? It's not exactly fun to get all trampled on when i am giving a serious effort to really flesh this potential perk out.

Sorry, just that the whole idea sounds silly and mentioning dual wielding of any kind (especially automatic weapons) just makes it sound even more far-fetched.

Upvote 0
Okay, as a Gunslinger supporter, I'll take a look at this...

So, with all that in mind, let me show a list of perk bonuses you can get: (shows the bonuses at level 6)
* 50% pistol draw speed bonus - You draw and sheathe your pistols faster than your other weapons. Based more on the Gunslinger though.

All basic, pretty much required, bonuses. So far so good. However, you forgot INCREASED CLIP/MAG SIZE and INCREASED AMMO CAPACITY, which are pretty important.

* 40% general recoil bonus - A new general bonus. As you have very steady hands and a "cold" focus (Agent/Assassin), and you are used to dualwielding pistols (which is some of the most difficult recoil you can handle IRL), you thus have less recoil with ALL weapons

Doesn't really fit with ALL weapons. Probably should limit this to handguns/SMGs (Mac10, MP7,ect)

* 15% general backattack bonus damage - ALL weapons deal more damage when you shoot/attack them in the back!
* 50% less aggro - Your attacks cause 50% less aggro, aka, you are less likely to be the target of your enemies if you and another perk are fighting them, which synergizes with your backattack bonus ^^

I'm not 100% familiar with how Killing Floor uses enemy AI, but if it's similar to UT 2K4's Invasion mode (I believe it is), then the enemies don't have "Aggro", they just attack the nearest target. They don't have aggro tables with percentages like World of Warcraft or something. So while this is a cool idea, it'd be hard to impliment at best. Also, it'd be worthless for solo play.

* Run and Gun bonus - You sway less left and right with your weapons when you move (thus easier to aim), your ironsighted speedpenalty is noticeably lower, and also have the reduced weaponsway when ironsighted ofc. All weapons or only pistols?

This is a good idea. Reduce then eliminate weapon sway as a perk bonus, make you move faster in Ironsights mode (With reduced/eliminated sway), and, IMO, add a Laser Sight to dual-wielded weapons in Ironsight mode!

This should be one of the core aspects of the perk. I would limit it to Pistols/SMGs, though.

* ZED time reaction - When ZED time triggers, some of your bonuses increases, such as: Double recoil bonus, even higher pistol reload bonus, your semiautomatic weapons (only pistols?) turn fully automatic during ZED time, maybe even lasting after the ZED time stops, but only til you go click with your current magazine. Perhaps also a slightly faster movement speed for the ZED duration. This bonus synergizes well with Berserkers and Commandos, who can extend the ZED time duration! It also synergizes with dualwielding pistols, as you then will fire very fast and have bigger magazines to utilize during the ZED time :cool:
* Intel bonus - You get lots of information, for example: When you deal damage, a number pops up above their head displaying how much damage you dealt, when you damage/kill enemies you see whenever you gain money etc. Could get improved further ofc.

ZED time bonuses would be useful, but be careful not to build the perk around something that triggers randomly.

Also, the Intel should be more relevant. No "Damage numbers" or money reward messages. Intel is a good idea, but it'd have to be something more intuitive and less immersion-breaking. Not sure what that might be yet, though.

I'll look at the weapons and such in detail later, but really, the core of the perk is probably the abilities and besides the excellent run 'n gun part of it, and dual-weilding/handgun focus, they need something to make them more unique without relying on ZED time gimmicks.

Reactions: Starsky and Aze
Upvote 0
Okay, as a Gunslinger supporter, I'll take a look at this...

All basic, pretty much required, bonuses. So far so good. However, you forgot INCREASED CLIP/MAG SIZE and INCREASED AMMO CAPACITY, which are pretty important.
Is that really necessary? As you might read further down in the weapons department, the weights are quite low, and you get double ammo (and double weight) when dualwielding, so i guess that would be enough no?

Doesn't really fit with ALL weapons. Probably should limit this to handguns/SMGs (Mac10, MP7,ect)
Well, the same could be said about the Commando's reload speed, no? :rolleyes:

I'm not 100% familiar with how Killing Floor uses enemy AI, but if it's similar to UT 2K4's Invasion mode (I believe it is), then the enemies don't have "Aggro", they just attack the nearest target. They don't have aggro tables with percentages like World of Warcraft or something. So while this is a cool idea, it'd be hard to impliment at best. Also, it'd be worthless for solo play.
Ah ok. Well, the threat was more of an idea to synergize with the backattack thingy. Also, the backattack is quite a unique bonus, no? :) It would fit the whole teamwork aspect of the game, and it allows you to use more than just your pistols (just like the Commando utilizing his reload speed, the Sharpshooter his general headshot bonus and the Support his weight bonus) for the sake of variety. Melee weapons come to mind :cool:

This is a good idea. Reduce then eliminate weapon sway as a perk bonus, make you move faster in Ironsights mode (With reduced/eliminated sway), and, IMO, add a Laser Sight to dual-wielded weapons in Ironsight mode!

This should be one of the core aspects of the perk. I would limit it to Pistols/SMGs, though.
Ah! Laser Sight! I had actually forgotten to add that part! In that dualwielding thread i linked to towards the end, i had suggested that in the end of THAT thread (lol), as either a part of the dualwielding system itself or as a perkpower, that at least your secondary weapon when dualwielding pistols had a lasersight :)
Thanks for reminding me, will edit that in to the OP.
And yes, the bonus could/should be limited to pistols only ofc (or else the perk has to many general bonuses lol)

ZED time bonuses would be useful, but be careful not to build the perk around something that triggers randomly.
Ofc. While the ZED time bonus is clearly beneficial, it doesn't increase your DAMAGE, so even though it's a random bonus, it's still also not overly strong, so you won't be lacking if no ZED times pop up.

Also, the Intel should be more relevant. No "Damage numbers" or money reward messages. Intel is a good idea, but it'd have to be something more intuitive and less immersion-breaking. Not sure what that might be yet, though.
Well, that's the only ideas i had for now. And why do you dislike numbers? Too... "gamey" and unrealistic?
Also, the intel bonus can be scrapped, making the perk more aimed towards "Assassin" rather than an "Agent", which is ok i guess :)

I'll look at the weapons and such in detail later, but really, the core of the perk is probably the abilities and besides the excellent run 'n gun part of it, and dual-weilding/handgun focus, they need something to make them more unique without relying on ZED time gimmicks.
Alright, thank you very much for responding so thoroughly! And yeah, i agreed that it needs more than what i have suggested to be more than just another damaging perk (unless, that's ok?) and that's why I'm asking you guys for help to get more ideas ^^

Last edited:
Reactions: Demon_333
Upvote 0
I agree with pretty much everything nanostrike has put forward. I think the gunslinger should really be about speed, reaction, accuracy and evasion. Perhaps during ZED time, his weapon movements are to be hardly affected at all? Say, when playing as any other perk, you find your turning speed slowed down by so much, but with the gunslinger you'd be able to turn your weapons around 10,20,30,40,50,60% faster than everyone else in ZED time. Of course, that bit doesn't apply to reloading because there will be a reload speed bonus anyway so it's pretty much already done. And yes, switching and raising weapons faster would also be a must. There will also be a damage bonus in ZED-time, right?

And about the enemy AI, I think that it would be appropiate that as the perk level goes up, there'd be a 10-60% chance that when the Fleshie/Scrakes start charging, they'll avoid the Gunslinger?

Upvote 0
I agree with pretty much everything nanostrike has put forward. I think the gunslinger should really be about speed, reaction, accuracy and evasion. Perhaps during ZED time, his weapon movements are to be hardly affected at all? Say, when playing as any other perk, you find your turning speed slowed down by so much, but with the gunslinger you'd be able to turn your weapons around 10,20,30,40,50,60% faster than everyone else in ZED time. Of course, that bit doesn't apply to reloading because there will be a reload speed bonus anyway so it's pretty much already done. And yes, switching and raising weapons faster would also be a must.
Nice idea, with the turning speed thingy. Although, imo, the slow aiming during ZED time is one of good things about it that, at least for me, helps me to aim more accurately, so PERSONALLY i would dislike this bonus power, but i can't be biased can I? ;)

There will also be a damage bonus in ZED-time, right?
Actually, no. That was BrPhoenix's idea, which i thought was an ok basic idea, but it felt too "magical" for my taste. Hence why i suggested that it changes everything BUT damage; the reload speed, the recoil bonus, the "fullauto" on semiauto weapons and movement speed. That is less magical and makes more sense as to what could happen when your reflexes spike up.

However, you saw the bonus damage when shooting (or attacking with any weapon) enemies in the back right? That gives him a damaging assassinationstyle bonus he can always use IF he cooperates with his team. Having damage bonus on ZED time (on top of being too "magicky" for me) is too random to rely on.

And about the enemy AI, I think that it would be appropiate that as the perk level goes up, there'd be a 10-60% chance that when the Fleshie/Scrakes start charging, they'll avoid the Gunslinger?
Yeah that "threat" bonus thing could also be a chancebased bonus (Although, again, too random for my personal taste) to avoid getting attacked etc. I would prefer though that your damage counts less (you do full damage, but it gets tracked as X% less) than others do, but i have no idea what the "threat" system is based on. I do know though, that you CAN shoot certain enemies to distract them, even at longer distances. I very often shoot Scrakes carefully with a few 9mm shots to get them to walk after me, which can be helpful to delay their assaults on your teammates.

EDIT: And do you guys have a better name for the perk? I think "Agent" and "Assassin" are ok, but they aren't that "perfect" name for the class... Any good ideas? So far, i like "Agent" the best, but at the same time it sounds kinda lame. What it does though, is that it can give of the vibe as both some assassin-like class AND something about intel-gathering. Oh and... James Bond ;)

Last edited:
Upvote 0
The gunslinger perk is a poor solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

Would you care to elaborate why it's so poor?

Oh wait, once I managed to spot a flaw in one of your very unhelpful posts some time ago so you blocked me because you were so butthurt. Why the hell am I bothering?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
I do not care for this idea much, I'm afraid.
Do you mean the different ideas i have, or the idea of a pistolbased perk in general? :)

The gunslinger perk is a poor solution to a problem that doesn't exist.

To quote from the very game itself: Sod off you w@nker! :p
More maturely responded: Dual 9mm and Dual HC are a part of a balancing problem that exists: They are not very useful (Dual HC is sorta "ok" for a panic weapon / Medic tanking weapon though) and doesn't fit the Sharpshooter one bit.

The perk "that-shouldn't-really-be-called-Gunslinger" is a good solution to this problem.

EDIT: (Made the answers more polite)
And can we please try to be constructive about the ideas here, instead of turning this into a "I don't want the Gunslinger!" contra "But i want it!"-thread?
Wether it's to be added or not, is not for us to decide. But, with the chance IF it is added, we want to make it as balanced, fun and new as possible, no?

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Sod off you ******! :mad:
Dual 9mm and Dual HC are a part of a balancing problem that exists: They are not very useful (Dual HC is sorta "ok" for a panic weapon / Medic tanking weapon though) and doesn't fit the Sharpshooter one bit.

The perk "that-shouldn't-really-be-called-Gunslinger" is a good solution to this problem.

If the dual 9mm and dual HC don't fit the sharpshooter then it makes sense to either remove them or just don't use them. Not to create a whole new perk from whole cloth just to go akimbo.

Dual HC is still very useful but TWI, in my opinion, went way too far by nerfing the reload bonus. Dual HC is still very effective but the slow reload is too much of a drawback. Dual 9mm was always useless. Again, in my opinion.

Reactions: Aze
Upvote 0
Dual HC is still very useful but TWI, in my opinion, went way too far by nerfing the reload bonus. Dual HC is still very effective but the slow reload is too much of a drawback. Dual 9mm was always useless. Again, in my opinion.

If the Gunslinger / Agent perk were to be discarded by TWI, i would agreed with this. They could just add the Sharpshooter's reload bonus of the Dual HC again.
This and/or do that thing i suggested with the weights and ammo. The Dual 9mm could need that at least, so it's added weight also gives added ammo. Otherwise it's completely useless. The Lasersight on the second pistol (9mm and/or HC) could also work to make them more useful for the Sharpshooter.

Upvote 0
First time posting, I've been around and reading post but really never said anything.

The thing I do not talk about are thing I do agree and rather saying I agree I just focus on area that I think that can be debated.

Also, I'm pretty sure everyone knows but, this is just my thoughts.

As of what is given about the weapon. This area is hard to say to much about it. I guess it comes down to if weapons were added, what would be there specs. So let me just point out that most handgun are already cheap. 70% seems little over the top. 60% pistol damage, seems big too. Mainly do to the fact that current SS gets 50% headshot damage. HC has a penetration which could become a problem if the damage was to high. Also, assuming that Tier 3 weapon is also going to have penetration.

Personally, I do not think is bad idea. Only thing I personally feel is that it should be perk weapon only. I have the feeling that if its general, it could create another medizerk type thing. We do not want to give noobs the wrong idea do we? :D Other then that, I think this is one of the good thing about this perk. If someone is getting attack, usually ZED would have his back to you. Making it more of a rescue perk.

I'm okay with this one as long as you cannot make Scrake or FP get stuck between you and the wall. I'm pretty sure everyone knows what I'm talking about here.

* Run and Gun bonus - You sway less left and right with your weapons when you move (thus easier to aim), your ironsighted speedpenalty is noticeably lower, and also have the reduced weaponsway when ironsighted ofc. Only for pistols i guess?

I think this is a nice idea only if they fix the other weapon. Meaning that even if you have other weapons such as M14 or the xbow are great way to see this. Even if you aim down the sight you can see that your still aiming dead center of the screen. The scoop will aiming the same place, the red dot on M14 will not move. So if the other weapon's gets fixed. I'm all for it.

* ZED time reaction - When ZED time triggers, some of your bonuses increases, such as: Double recoil bonus, even higher pistol reload bonus, your semiautomatic weapons (only pistols?) turn fully automatic during ZED time, maybe even lasting after the ZED time stops, but only til you go click with your current magazine. Perhaps also a slightly faster movement speed for the ZED duration. This bonus synergizes well with Berserkers and Commandos, who can extend the ZED time duration! It also synergizes with dualwielding pistols, as you then will fire very fast and have bigger magazines to utilize during the ZED time :cool:

I personally think you should stick with just recoil bonus. Only because I rather not see people just reloading there weapon during zed time and killing and helping out the team. Given a fast weapon change bonus means that they can reload every single weapon before zed time is up (maybe). Also, coupled with berserker or commando (or both) means that they already can take out most enemy on the screen if the perk is played right.

* Intel bonus - You get lots of information, for example: When you deal damage, a number pops up above their head displaying how much damage you dealt, when you damage/kill enemies you see whenever you gain money etc. Could get improved further ofc.

Tracer Pistol
Weight: 2 (or 3?)
Damage: No / low
Cost: Moderate (cheap for the Agent)
Tier: Special
Shoots a tracer dart at a target, which causes all team-mates attacking it see the same kind of "intel" as the Agent (the damage numbers, money etc) on top of slightly boosting all friends' damage against that specific target (an Agent shooting the dart grants more of a damage boost and lasts longer?), and maybe also somehow have a glow/arrow/beeping sound/whatever on the enemy to point out or somehow distinguish the target so you know what to focus on.
This weapon would fit the "Agent" theme, no? :)

I've moved up the tracer pistol since it kinda goes hand and hand with what I want to say.

Personally speaking, seeing bunch of number pop up on my screen would discourage me to not play this perk. Mainly it does not really do any help. Since I do not know how much health a enemy has left or even how much damage my teammates are doing. Honestly, I do not care about how much money I get as long as we finish the wave. One last thing before I move on the tracer pistol, I feel this would create more of a competition rather then coop.

Adding that to the Tracer pistol. I can see how it can be helpful but again. If I was a firebug and someone uses a Tracer pistol. I rather not see how much damage I did to a enemy. I would have spamming amount of numbers on my screen that would honestly go crazy. Same with the support using a AA12 and each pellet does damage. Damage bonus can be could but I'm pretty sure everyone would agree, how much? Marking the enemy and able to see it would be nice but how would become the ultimate question.
I'm pretty sure that this weapon should only used for big zed such as scrake and FPs but, we all know that there are people out there that would try to tag every single enemy out there. Now I know you did not say anything about having unlimited shot but you did not say anything about having limited shot so I'm just trowing it out there.

Now lets give a example and combine everything to make it simpler. Say you are playing support. Someone is tagging every Zed they can find. Say the tagging makes a glow. So your screen is pretty much glowing do to the fact every enemy is tagged. At the same time you are shooting them and killing lines of zeds. Every pellet shows you how much damage is done and how much money you got.

Don't know about you but I'll go crazy.
Now that I pretty much killed the idea let me try to fix it a little... Knowing which enemy is priority target is important so I think the tagging would help out in coop side of the game. But the other intel stuff seems not really needed. I rather not see my whole screen flashing so there should be a limit on how much you can shoot. I'm pretty sure I missed something due to my long text.

... moving on...

Tier 0 - 9mm (dualwieldable)
Tier 1 - MK23 (dualwieldable)
Tier 2 - Handcannon (dualwieldable)
Tier 2/3 - Autopistols (dualwieldable, any kind of fullautomatic pistols, maybe even steal the Mac10's over to this perk and grant the Firebug a different Incendiary SMG?)
Tier 3 - Revolver (some strong, NON-dualwieldable revolver, maybe scoped?)

(Weapons you could spawn with could be a single MK23 at level 5 and a single Handcannon at level 6)

Honestly, I'm not really to big on the autopistols because it would overlap the commando's role. But, I will say that depending on the spec of the autopistol I can live with it. (That also includes yay or nay for dualwielding) The revolver, I'm assuming it would hold maybe 6 bullets with penetration?

Also, if dualwielding is something you want to fix (assuming it get fixed) why not spawn with dual 9mm and maybe a dual MK23. Its not something that would break the game.

EDIT 2: (Thanks for reminding me Nanostrike!)
Another thing to possibly improve dualwielding is with laser sights! The second pistol (or both?) you carry when dualwielding could have a lasersight attached to it to improve your aiming.

Why not make it a bonus like the firebug grenade. At level X you get a laser on your dual pistols. Personally speaking, that would a huge reason to level up this perk.

Well thats my idea for now. I'll reread my post after and see if I missed something or something was unclear.

Reactions: Gartley and Aze
Upvote 0
Well Sharpshooter is not godly like it used to be but a pistol perk would be a fun mod addition if we make it.

Currently there are more than enough weapons to implement for the perk, it is just that stats and concept that need to be discussed in detail. As for mac 10, leave it as firebug weapon. No need to take/remove weapons from other perks. If you really want it to be a Gunslinger weapon it could benefit from a recoil reduction trait so you could fire it more accurately.

Current Pistols:

9mm(Single/Dual)
HandCannon(Single/Dual)
MK23(Single/Dual)
USP
Machine Pistol(Full auto 9mm).

Reactions: Starsky
Upvote 0
has anyone in the 'pro' camp considered trying to code this perk?
i mean, it gets a lot of discussion, right down to debating it's name - tables of stats/figures/adjustments...arguments.. counter-arguments...
Now i'm not necessarily for or against it but i think the best way to present your idea is to crack-on and then let ppl try it, so you can get feedback and move forward with it.

Upvote 0