• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Of Heroes, and Deeds

monster

Grizzled Veteran
Jul 17, 2006
Reading it all, it seems that heroes will be those who log the most time in game. I've been wondering about a different hero paradigm.

Having played the game for a while, I have been party to, and party of, heroic deeds. The person who does heroic action in RO has no special perks, they're just going all-out, and sometimes getting lucky, and sometimes being good. Regardless, there are acts that we have all pulled off that were heroic, and crippling to the enemy.

Instead of time logged in game perks, what about a hero system that awards temporary "heroic event generations (HEG)"? What this means is that when someone does a heroic act, certain things happen.

For example, in Barashka, I destroyed a T-34 with a Panzerfaust from 30 feet away. I was behind a picket fence, and he was hosing me down with MG fire. In triggering a HEG (destroy tank at < 10m with panzerfaust while under fire), I was given immunity to my leg wounds, and was able to run to cover.

The award of heroic powers may be tempered with a percentage chance of power, instead of 100% power gain.

Point: A heroic deed (from a list that can be constantly updated, and be connected to Steam accomplishments) creates a heroic power such as (temporary) immunity to wounds, immunity to suppression, increased accuracy, etc. Continued heroic acts in a row would create a string of heroic powers.

THe beauty of RO is that it allows everyone to accomplish things through heroic action. RO2 should portray the same thing. Heroes should be defined by their actions, not their grinding.