• Please make sure you are familiar with the forum rules. You can find them here: https://forums.tripwireinteractive.com/index.php?threads/forum-rules.2334636/

Mac Perks not working

d_masik

Grizzled Veteran
Oct 9, 2010
Hi again=)
I've got a problem, firstly it was quite rare, but now it's appearing more often. When connecting to a server (listen or dedicated doesn't matter) all my perks are reset to lvl 0 and then when hitting "profile and achievements" it displays "unknown steam error"=( It's not an issue of mutators, because a friend of mine connects to same servers and his perks are OK (he's got a Win7 PC)... Tried to find a solution on this forum, but couldn't... Deleting system and cache folders didn't help at all=(

I have same issue all the time.
half of the servers won't support perks. when other ppl there have their perks active.
and get same "unknown steam error" message.
I also had server added to favorites and then one day it stopped to support my perks as well.

MacBook Pro 5,3
Intel Core 2 Duo 2,66
4Gb 1067MHz DDR3
Nvidia GeForce 9600M GT 256 Mb
Mac OS 10.6.6

Upvote 0
I have this same problem too, very often, and I'm starting to get incredibly sick of putting up with it. When I try to join certain servers, I get into the game and my perks are all at level 0, despite the fact that other players all have their perks functioning fine. I leave the server and click "profile and achievements" and I'm hit with an error box saying "An unknown Steam error prevented access to this." I then have to restart the game to gain access to my perks again. Attempting to join the same server again causes the same problem. It's getting really aggravating to constantly be restarting the game and not being able to play on many servers.

Please look into this bug, this is not the first computer I have had this problem on and I highly suspect it is very common.

My computer specs:
Macbook Pro 7,1
2.4 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo
4 GB 1067 MHz DDR3
NVIDIA GeForce 320M 256 MB
Mac OS 10.6.7

Upvote 0
I have two Macs running Killing Floor and I operate my own servers without any issues.

There are a handful of servers where I still see this error, but they are rare and I am usually able to simply relaunch and avoid those servers. The servers where it occurs should be reproducible and if you could record one (IP address, name, etc.) that might go a bit further along with helping the devs fix issues.

Upvote 0